Confirmed with Link: Namestnikov to Dallas

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Solid deal...we have his bottom 6 replacement and can move Vrana back to the top 6.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Better than the 5th I thought he'd get, he's been okay for us this year, but he's been traded at the deadline like 8 times by now :laugh:

Scottgaf1

Nov 11, 2020
You are still getting an asset for a free agent who can walk at the end of the year.

he isn't going to sign a long term deal without getting his market value, and you wouldn't want to for a third or fourth liner.

Most veteran guys in these roles you want on 1 or 2 year stopgap deals

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Good luck to Namestnikov, really like his game despite being Russian (just being cheeky). Good luck to him and LFG in Dallas. If it weren't for Benn, that team would be easier to root for.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Sundqvist is not much of a scorer but he's right handed and can take faceoffs. That's always sought after. Good checker too. He doesn't have Namestnikov's skill with the puck unfortunately. I hope playing with Rasmussen and Zadina can bring out his offense.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Could see us moving Sundqvist this summer, maybe with salary retained, then bringing Vlad right back. But if not no worries for me, he provided solid depth then returned a nominal pick. That's basically what you ask for outta players like Vlad.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
How does Leddy fetch so much more?

Because Namestnikov is Russian?
Leddy has a Cup ring, Vlad's playoff history is limited though he did OK with the Avs.

Plus we're talking about second pair D vs bottom 6 winger. Vlad is definitely not a center aside from PK, and he's not that good at FO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad