Rumor: Namestnikov Gaining Some Interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Outside of Kreider and Zibanejad, nobody is scoring. It's not really fair to single out Namestnikov who wasn't really brought here to put up a ton of points.

Reactions: Rangers743

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Outside of Kreider and Zibanejad, nobody is scoring. It's not really fair to single out Namestnikov who wasn't really brought here to put up a ton of points.
What what he brought here for? To be the enforcer? At the least he we brought in to match Millers 40 points on a top 9 role..

Reactions: darko

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Tampa is projected to have something like a 12-15% chance of winning the cup. I don't think it would be telling of much of anything if they don't happen to win.

Considering the intentions, the price, and the long term commitment they made to both players, I think it would at least be fair to say that two playoffs later it did not have the desired impact.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
What what he brought here for? To be the enforcer? At the least he we brought in to match Millers 40 points on a top 9 role..
Apparently not, because he hasn't been used in the top 9.

But as @Blue Blooded said, he's basically the only thing keeping our 4th line from being a 5-on-2, so I guess that's his role. And he's been very good at it.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Sadly other than Howden most of those assets aren't looking too great at the moment.

Hajek is 20, just turned pro, and is playing in Hartford.

Lundkvist turned 18 this summer and is the youngest player on his Swedish pro team.

The other pick is still undecided.

Namestnikov is not producing points.

As a whole, I’d say the deal looks promising.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
I would trade Namestnikov + Rykov + Jensen for Callahan + 2019 2nd rounder + guaranteed 2019 1st rounder

We could use a gritty player like Callahan on our soft team and Namestnikov is an instant fit on Tampa's top line.

Rykov replenishes some of their lost prospect depth. Jensen has a much better chance signing with them cheap, than with rebuilding Rangers.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Hajek is 20, just turned pro, and is playing in Hartford.

Lundkvist turned 18 this summer and is the youngest player on his Swedish pro team.

The other pick is still undecided.

Namestnikov is not producing points.

As a whole, I’d say the deal looks promising.

problem is if Namestnikov turns into negative asset and Lundkvist and Hajek don't pan out then it doesn't really look that great. I think drafting Lundkvist was a mistake we should have taken Serron Noel.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
problem is if Namestnikov turns into negative asset and Lundkvist and Hajek don't pan out then it doesn't really look that great. I think drafting Lundkvist was a mistake we should have taken Serron Noel.

Lundkvist just turned 18 and he's playing in one of the top professional leagues against men. It's equivalent of Chytil playing in AHL at the age of 18 last season.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Lundkvist just turned 18 and he's playing in one of the top professional leagues against men. It's equivalent of Chytil playing in AHL at the age of 18 last season.

Chytil is soft, but has size for NHL. Lundkvist is soft and has no size, and is is a Defenseman. Not so sure about his NHL future.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Yes because Ryan Ellis is terrible right?

Ellis put up 89 points in 57 OHL games and 31 points in 20 playoff games in his draft year, wake me up when Lundkvist does something remarkable or even close to that.

Also show me where Lundkvist can hit like this:

Last edited:

will1066

Tarasenko: most dollar store player of all time
Oct 12, 2008
I read somewhere that namestnikov was gaining some interest

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Ellis put up 89 points in 57 OHL games and 31 points in 20 playoff games in his draft year, wake me up when Lundkvist does something remarkable or even close to that.

Also show me where Lundkvist can hit like this:

Hes not playing in a junior league so thats hard to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad