Name to watch in 2006?

Status
Not open for further replies.

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Reading the Owen Sound Attack website, they called up a rookie named Matt Kang while they were short players, he's now played in 4 games and scored 5 points, he just turned 16 years old and is apparently available for 2006 draft.
For some reason I believe he's only available to play 10 games in the OHL because he was a later draft pick...can anyone else fill me in on another possible great find by the Attack?
I must say, having followed Owen Sound since they moved here in 1989, I believe their scouting has turned around the last couple years and they don't seem to have the problem attracting players because of the size of the community they use to...(they once drafted Samsonov and Kvasha but couldn't convince them to come)

jlowry_19

Oct 17, 2004
i think maxwell is an 07 draft pick and two other names to watch are jonathon toews from shattuck st mary's (1st overall pick in 2003 whl draft) and peter mueller usntdp under 18 team

rtafts

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
-- D Matthew Corrente
-- C Zach Hamill
-- C John Hughes
-- C Jesse Joensuu
-- C Phil Kessel
-- L Tomas Marcinko
-- C Peter Mueller
-- G Joe Palmer
-- C Jordan Staal
-- R Aleksandr Vasyunov

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
jlowry_19 said:
i think maxwell is an 07 draft pick and two other names to watch are jonathon toews from shattuck st mary's (1st overall pick in 2003 whl draft) and peter mueller usntdp under 18 team

I've taken a look at Towes stats with Shattuck this year - 36 points in 23 games. Now, compared to Crosby, Parise, and even his stats last year that total is not very impressive. I'm wondering what the reasons might be - normally Shattuck's top prospects put up monster numbers, and considering Towes is SO highly thought of, why has he not lit it up this year?
Has this drop in production hurt his stock? :dunno:

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
derbyfan said:
I've taken a look at Towes stats with Shattuck this year - 36 points in 23 games. Now, compared to Crosby, Parise, and even his stats last year that total is not very impressive. I'm wondering what the reasons might be - normally Shattuck's top prospects put up monster numbers, and considering Towes is SO highly thought of, why has he not lit it up this year?
Has this drop in production hurt his stock? :dunno:

I have not seen Towes play this year but Crosby he is not so don't expect those numbers. But in general the team COULD be playing stiffer competition this year, he could be working on his defensive game this year, there are a number of factors to come into play with this though.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
rtafts said:
-- D Matthew Corrente
-- C Zach Hamill
-- C John Hughes
-- C Jesse Joensuu
-- C Phil Kessel
-- L Tomas Marcinko
-- C Peter Mueller
-- G Joe Palmer
-- C Jordan Staal
-- R Aleksandr Vasyunov
-- C Ben Maxwell
-- C Brian Little
-- L Micheal Frolik
-- D Erik Johnson
-- C Jonathan Toews
-- D James Delroy
-- L Nick Foligno
-- D Nathan Martine
-- D Ben Shutron
-- D Jason Legault
-- C Ryan McDonough
-- W Benjamin Breault
-- C Ryan White
-- W Keegan Dansreneau

Postman

Feb 27, 2002
Another guy to look out for is Kyle Okposo, playing for Shattucks. He has more goals than Toews, and isn't far behind in points. A good powerforward type from everything I've heard, and one of the top three '88's in the U.S.

borro

Oct 8, 2002
Texas
Visit site
A guy I would add to the list is Sudbury's Nick Foligno. Son of Mike Foligno, the guy could be a top 10 pick if the apple has not fallen too far from the tree.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
HabLover said:
How come none of these guys(Sheppard, Legault, Breault, etc.) are putting up points in the Q this year??

Scouting isnt just lookin up stats online. Theres more to hockey than stats. Especially with guys that are 15-16 yr olds, with Crosby being the exception.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HabLover said:
How come none of these guys(Sheppard, Legault, Breault, etc.) are putting up points in the Q this year??

Breault is doing awsome with 15 points in 19 games.

Sheppard has 14 points in 29 games.

Sheppard plays with grit, toughness and a two way game, points are not everything, but he will be a point a game player next year.

Breault is one of Bai Comeaus best players I don't see how either is doing bad right now. Stats don't always tell the whole story you know.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Sheppard is playing with Asselin and Oulette. They have been extremely consistant for Cape Breton. The guy will break out sooner or later. You allways notice him making plays. He is big and talented. He has extreme vision and the Modano type extra burner when he wants.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
HabLover said:

All 3 play for sub .500 teams.

All 3 dont get 1st line icetime.

All 3 are 16 years old.

Not sure what you were expecting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00