Name Thread v3.0 - Trademark Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Both are just our opinions, though it sounds like I lost this battle unfortunately.

I just hate four words in the name. The flow is as terrible as Jagr's mullet.

Las Vegas Knights sounds great. Las Vegas Silver Knights does not.

Nevada Knights far and away has the best ring to it than any other name suggested here.

We should start crowdsourcing money to give to London for their name. Good god Foley. Pay the fee.

People rarely say Los Angeles Kings in its entirety. It's usually LA Kings.

LV or Vegas can be used unofficially but on the letterhead, it's gonna be Las Vegas.

BadFella

"$8 Million Goalie My Ass!"
Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Silver/Black 'Silver Knights' playing in the same division as the Kings who have the same colors?

I think they will go for gold.

Carolina are in the same division as my Devils and they copied our red/white/black. Also in our division are the Capitals, the Rangers and the Blue Jackets who all use red/white/blue.

BadFella

Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
It's usually San Jose, not SJ, except in hashtags and URLs, WRT Sharks.

Yeah, LA is unique. Nobody says "N.Y. Yankees" or "N.Y. Rangers", but they do say L.A. Lakers, L.A. Kings, L.A. Clippers, etc. Then again, New York is two syllables and Los Angeles is four.

Apari

Nov 13, 2012
I don't like the knight word being involved at all. I think Las Vegas Lights would be a hell of a lot better as are many of the other names being thrown around.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I like the "Lights" too but what color scheme would come out of that? Any kind of neon besides a special event jersey would be ugly as all Hell.

Just google some of the Tri-City Americans "nuclear" jerseys that are neon based.

Apari

Nov 13, 2012
Just keep the planned colors. I mean there are no blue maple leafs out there in trees either so why should the colors of the "Lights" jersey be neon colors.

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I really wish we'd move away from the Knights. All three options are rubbish.

Jun 6, 2016
I can't wait to talk about how horrible this team is after a game night than having to go through more of these naming threads lol.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
I went with Golden Knights because gold, not silver is the colour of winning.
Not in ice hockey.

StanleyCup.jpg

And Nevada is "The Silver State", as is stated on their license plates.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I have never heard anyone say "LV" instead of Vegas or Las Vegas.

"Vegas" gets used a lot.

This. Las Vegas may occasionally be shortened to Vegas but never LV.

Desert/Golden/Silver Knights will be referred to sometimes as just Knights.

"The Knights played a good game last night and the defense was shutting down the Sharks really well. The one area Vegas needs to step up a little more is the offense. If a few of the Knights players were in the right spot at the right time this could have been a blow out."

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Okay this nitpicking over LV goes beyond my point which is that the name will officially be Las Vegas. Not just Vegas.

BadFella

Jan 9, 2013
Exit 105
Okay this nitpicking over LV goes beyond my point which is that the name will officially be Las Vegas. Not just Vegas.

And our official name is the New Jersey Devils but people say Jersey Devils and Jersey all the time. It's not all that important, but since Vegas has never had top-tier sports it's a growing pain to learn to live with :p

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
To all people hoping for Silver Knights and Silver as main color, just please don't get your hopes too high up.

Blackhawks use black as their third color.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
And our official name is the New Jersey Devils but people say Jersey Devils and Jersey all the time. It's not all that important, but since Vegas has never had top-tier sports it's a growing pain to learn to live with :p

You do hear NJ Devils a fair amount too, the syllable factor being greater than two is probably why you see it with LA and NJ but not NY or LV. (Edit: For instance, imagine a team in North Dakota (hear me out) being referred to as the North Dakota Unicorns instead of the ND Unicorns or what have you, just inconceivable.)

I can't wait to talk about how horrible this team is after a game night than having to go through more of these naming threads lol.

pamyup.gif

I'm still going to keep reading the threads and speculating though until the ownership is finally just done with themselves and lets us know what the answer is :help: :popcorn:

Neill99

Oct 30, 2006
So what are some bird name the could be called?. I'm hearing Knights this Knights that.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

That's what I'm saying though.

Like I don't mind one bit if people give the team a shortened Vegas only nickname in unofficial conversation. Like seriously. Go for it. But people want the official name to be Vegas or Nevada, the former without any "Las" in front of Vegas. And that's just not gonna happen. It won't.

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
To all people hoping for Silver Knights and Silver as main color, just please don't get your hopes too high up.

Blackhawks use black as their third color.

I don't think anyone is expecting the team to go like the spurs and sport grey uniforms rather than white.

Silver is more of an accent color to something else like black, red, blue. Logo will gave a lot of silver and depending on the color scheme, could see the numbers on the dark Jersey in silver too, ala the Gretzky kings uniforms from the early 90's.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Man the world has become crazy when you can patent a title that is drawn from a common English word. Who CARES if The London Knights are called that? The Las Vegas Knights are a different brand, different name, different everything.

I'm just stinging for the name to be released, so I can jump online, and buy a jersey.

Wish Vegas were off and running this coming season, rather than next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad