Name the Bakersfield AHL Team

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
I like Condors and their current logo looks great, I wouldn't change anything.

My wish for this Pacific division:

San Diego Gulls
Ontario Reign
Bakersfield Condors
Stockton Thunder
California Seals

Goldenshark

Sep 16, 2007
Vacaville
Blah. This is California. We need something about Earthquakes. The California Seismic Waves!

Yeah, no.

San Jose already has an MLS team named the Earthquakes, Seals as a brand has a history in the Bay Area and keeps with the ocean animal theme for a Sharks affiliate. Gulls has a history with San Diego and the bird theme of the Ducks. Reign is already in Ontario and keeps with the Royalty theme. Those 3 markets are really the earthquake areas.

Stockton and Bakersfield are in the inland valleys which I can't remember the last time they even got an earthquake. Thunder is already an established successful brand in Stockton and should be kept, but if they decide to change, any flame related name would work because it's hot as hell in Stockton in the summer. Stockton Heat, Fire, or "Gunfire" would all work, Grizzlies, meh.

Bakersfield is an oil drilling town, if they don't keep the Condors brand than anything oil related would work too.

NSHPreds1835

Glads/Preds
May 24, 2011
Monroe GA
I think they would be wise to keep the same name. If it's already a popular brand then stick with it and just maybe change up the colors to match the colors of their NHL parent club.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad