Name the Bakersfield AHL Team

RFA

Jan 17, 2010
Killer Bees. I was scarred as a child, hearing there were killer bees there.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think Condors is a great name, but I can see them changing it to something Oil related.

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA
Isn't Jimmie Johnson from there? Find a way to name it after his race team or something. Use a word that makes up his personality.

No Jimmie Johnson is from El Cajon near San Diego. You're thinking of kevin harvick...he's from there :laugh:

It either has to stay the condors or change to something related to the oil industry

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No Jimmie Johnson is from El Cajon near San Diego. You're thinking of kevin harvick...he's from there :laugh:

It either has to stay the condors or change to something related to the oil industry
I would have said the same about the Flames and the Thunder, either keep the Thunder or change to fire related, but it appears they are going with Grizzles

hkymnky

Feb 17, 2010
Weird, hadn't seen your design, but the logo I used was actially from the Bakersfield Jr. Condors. Definitely not claiming it as my own though.

No worries. It appears that the Bakersfield Jr. Condors are the ones ripping off the Chicago Condors...

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
No worries. It appears that the Bakersfield Jr. Condors are the ones ripping off the Chicago Condors...

Regardless of where it came from, both logos are cool. I'd love to see them keep the name and go with something along those lines. Gives it an Oilers "feel" without losing the team's identity.

Hoodaha

Aug 8, 2014
Yes must save the tradition of mediocrity that is the Condors.

We've had a lot of years a lot worse than mediocre, to be fair. Still, after 17 years, the name and the brand are well known in town. Why make a change?

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
bakersfield battalion

because theres not enough names in the ahl involving the sea!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad