Name All the Players in the HHOF

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Wow, so you get 20 minutes. Interesting. The challenge for me is to stay within that time limit, not to name a whole bunch.

There are about 230 HHOF members and if you gave me an hour I could get probably 220 of them until I said "Ok, that's it, I just can't name anymore". But as for typing them out, and doing it all within 20 minutes, I don't know that I'd beat your 153. That's a damn fine score.

I'd love to try it now but I am at work and even if I try it on my lunch break, people will come by and divert my attention. I'll do it at home and let you guys know.

Yaremchuk

Mar 19, 2008
Ottawa
I must admit that the number I got exceeds the number I actually know. Just typing in Smith gets you Billy Smith and some people I didn't know :naughty:

And towards the end I just typed in some common last names and they got me people I had either forgotten about or didn't know.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Nalyd, I don't know who you mean... this is going to drive me nuts until I figure it out. And when I get home and do this test, every name I think of, the next thing I'm going to think of is whether it needs an accent...

I'm going to keep charmap.exe open while I do this. LOL

Since all the HHOFers were taken by the end of AAA10, I am confident I can name almost all... but 20 minutes is not a very long time.

Nalyd Psycho

Feb 27, 2002
No Bandwagon
Visit site
Yup, there was one name I tried 3 or 4 times, knowing he was in there, but, I wasn't going to cheat and look up spelling (There were 2 others I just couldn't spell right) and then in the end I saw him as the lowest on the list of how many got it right and noticed an accent in his name.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I'll give it a shot tonight, without looking at any reference (and I'll be mildly drunk, so that might funny. I'm a bit scared for shortened names, though : while I'm pretty sure that Dickie Moore will give me a good answer, I'm not sure at all under which name Bullet Joe Simpson got in...

Bohemian93

Sep 13, 2008
cool game, but i only managed to get 102, when it was over i just realized how many other ones i knew

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I managed to get 186.

It's funny, I missed a lot of simple ones and hit on a lot of ones I didn't think I'd remember. I also found it easier to name some of the more controversial inductees than some of the stronger candidates because the former get talked about so much.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I managed to get 186.

It's funny, I missed a lot of simple ones and hit on a lot of ones I didn't think I'd remember. I also found it easier to name some of the more controversial inductees than some of the stronger candidates because the former get talked about so much.

I have a feeling that's what it will be like for me. With the recent MLD and AAA drafts scouring the HHOF for players, those lesser inductees are all fresh in my mind and I think I'll get them all. But I have a feeling I'll miss more obvious ones... like last week you caught me saying three guys weren't in the hall, who actually were.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
151. Deeply disappointed. I was just breezing along through my first 120-130 no problem, then everything went blank and I struggled through the last 10 min.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
Got 150-160 can't remember exactly. Lafleur was the only brutally obvious one that slipped my mind.

Tried the baseball one as well and got 98. Probably spent over a minute trying to spell Yastrzemski...and still didn't get it!

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
Warning. Don't click the link to that site.

I have probably wasted a good half of a day taking the numerous quizzes ever since I discovered that site, time I would have invested in some productive facet of my job, I'm sure. :sarcasm:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
I got 150 but I'm giving myself 151 because I couldn't figure out how to put an accent on Laperriere.

Best player I missed: Red Kelly

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Nearly made it to 200. I missed on 7 post-2000 inductions. Actually, I would have made it to 200 if I would have started by specifying first names (Charlie Conacher, Tommie Smith) and if I would have have known how to type Frank Fredrickson. Finally finished with 194.

The best player I missed is Denis Potvin, and on a personnal note, I can't believe I missed on Dickie Moore, considering I typed his name a few hours before in the "guys with would i would have the first name for sure". I missed on an awful lot of Habs : Shutt, Lemaire, H.Richard, Geoffrion and laperrière... Stupid considering I started the thing by typing all the Habs I could think of, starting by... yeah, Marty Barry and Herb Gardiner.

Worth noting that I typed Hull at roughly 4 seconds left.

Finally got Oliver Seibert at the end, while trying to enter Siebert. Should I do this completely sober, I could probably hit 220... I'll try it again in a few weeks.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I only got 21/54 of the players with 2000+ penalty minutes. I need to brush up on my goon knowledge.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/nhlalltimepenalty.php

I got 35 while missing on very, very obvious answers (Scott Stevens...)... But hitting the nail with a few weird ones. Was surprised to learn that both Moose Dupont and Mark didn't made it.

It was also pretty stupid of mine to enter George Laraque as an answer...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad