Name a scrub from the bad old days

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Alexander Khavanov
Lee Stempniak.. one of our top wingers ugh
bit of a silver lining, Steen was good enough to get a decent sized contract and has declined as a player to the point that he's a bit of an albatross....glad he's not our albatross at a critical time for us

Crysis

Jun 28, 2015
You he still sends the Silver Fox a Christmas Card?
100%

Just found this post in a thread asking if that was the oddest signing in NHL history and thought it was worth sharing...

"Remember watching tv and hearing it and they said $3.5M per season.

I had to do a triple take.

I swore UP AND DOWN that it must have been $3.5M TOTAL, over 4 seasons (so about $875K a year). I went online and was basically frantically searching for confirmation. When I saw it was indeed $3.5M per year I swear, I felt like I was in inception. A dream, within a dream, within a dream. I lost all feelings in my extremeties. I was engulfed and submerged by rage, haze and disbelief. I felt like a pack of wolves were chasing me."

Last edited:

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
100%

Just found this post in a thread asking if that was the oddest signing in NHL history and thought it was worth sharing...

I swore UP AND DOWN that it must have been $3.5M TOTAL, over 4 seasons (so about $875K a year). I went online and was basically frantically searching for confirmation. When I saw it was indeed $3.5M per year I swear, I felt like I was in inception. A dream, within a dream, within a dream. I lost all feelings in my extremeties. I was engulfed and submerged by rage, haze and disbelief. I felt like a pack of wolves were chasing me."
Fletcher was smoking the bowl on that signing day

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Randy Carlyle. I thought he was something special as a head coach but turned out to be a total f***ing scrub. f*** that guy. 100% dinosaur.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
100%

He played the final 2 years of the deal with the Marlies.

Cliff gets a paycheck for life. That's how you know he's a legend that he's allowed to stay in the game after such an atrocious signing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad