Post-Game Talk: Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye - Jets Win 5-0

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
Okay, back to the game. Can we bask just a bit more in Lowry's dominance?

office-2017030165-lowryad93.png

Pretty picture.
Am I supposed to drop acid to understand it?

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Personally I don't buy Ehlers being a healthy scratch. Also don't buy the concussion theory. My best guess is the injury from the slash still has some swelling with a lot of associated pain. Fly likely pushing to get in and Mo holding him back due to where the series stood. I have little doubt Mo was very confident in the team in how the handled game 4 that they had more than enough horses to be cautious with Ehlers.

Finally a little sanity on this subject...

Thanks kingbogo...

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
If you've watched any of the NHL Playoffs, you've noticed that each home team's arena has been absolutely electric, as they should be in the postseason. While it's unfair to claim any one fanbase is the most rabid, it sure does seem like Winnipeg Jets fans might take the cake in 2018.

The Jets fans signature whiteout, which dates back to the original franchise's playoff runs in 1987, is a sight to behold, and somehow 15,000+ in Bell MTS Place not only dress in unison, but they chant in unison. It makes for possibly the most wild atmosphere in the playoffs, and it gave the Minnesota Wild absolute fits in a quick five-game series that Winnipeg ended on Friday night. In three games at home, the Jets outscored Minnesota 12-3, including Friday's 5-0 drubbing, sending the Wild packing in the first round for the third consecutive season.

This golf-related chant from Winnipeg Jets fans is one of the better ones you'll ever hear - Golf Digest

Last edited by a moderator:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I find Romanuk and Galley are attempting to call it up the middle...kind of cheering for both. We're all so used to the homer call - and not that Beyak is a super homer like Jack Edwards or anything but he's got a definite pro-Jets tilt - that anything not explicitly pro-Jets is regarded as hostile.

They try that wayyyyy too hard. There is no need to be neutral between a Canadian team and an American one. They are providing the 'home team' broadcast here.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Why the hell do you guys need these broadcasters to give you Jets fans a back rub? I don’t need them to be “rah rah” for the Jets. I just need them to be insightful on both teams.

No "back rub" required. Just quite pumping the opposition. They need to recognize who their audience is.

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Obviously it was not a "concussion" Just some symptoms that might turn out to be a concussion or might not. You are missing that part
NO way it is a concussion, as you quoted in your earlier post Maurice said he would play him if it was 2-2 or 3-3. Maurice would not play anyone with concussion symptoms regardless of what the series was it. To clarify symptoms of a concussion = concussion. A concussion is diagnosed based on 1) a mechanism of injury and 2) symptoms.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
The feed was used as the national US broadcast, so calling it down the middle is the correct call.

Home team broadcasts are picked up and used by others fairly often AFAIK. A little home leaning is entirely acceptable.

If SN can't represent the home team against an American based team then they should bow out.

I'm not looking for blatant homerism, just quit blowing smoke up the opposition's ***.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
as you quoted in your earlier post Maurice said he would play him if it was 2-2 or 3-3

No that's not what he said.
He said "would I've made the same decision at 2-2 or 3-3. Probably not"

This is not the same as saying that he would have played in the game. Sorry you are wrong in that. He might have played is more accurate.

Last edited by a moderator:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
[QUOTE="EastRiver, post: 144969619, member: 167167]as you quoted in your earlier post Maurice said he would play him if it was 2-2 or 3-3

No that's not what he said.
He said "would I've made the same decision at 2-2 or 3-3. Probably not"

This is not the same as saying that he would have played in the game. Sorry you are wrong in that. He might have played is more accurate.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Straws. You're clutching at them.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
LOL. Straws. You're clutching at them.

People can make their own conclusions based on what he said. I have no issue with that, but I don't think it's right to claim Maurice said something that he didn't.

I was just setting the record straight with my post, correcting the inaccuracy. I'm not trying to change any minds.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
People can make their own conclusions based on what he said. I have no issue with that, but I don't think it's right to claim Maurice said something that he didn't.

I was just setting the record straight with my post, correcting the inaccuracy. I'm not trying to change any minds.

OK then. :thumbu:

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Went to Europe with my wife for 2 weeks... scheduled it for April because I forgot to the playoffs existed. :laugh:

Watched the first game at midnight in the hotel room but just woke up to the scores for the rest, lots of PVR action today.

Reactions: ps241

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Went to Europe with my wife for 2 weeks... scheduled it for April because I forgot to the playoffs existed. :laugh:

Watched the first game at midnight in the hotel room but just woke up to the scores for the rest, lots of PVR action today.

If we crowdfund you, can you go back to Europe for the second round :sarcasm:

Asking for a friend ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad