Online Series: Mythic Quest: Raven’s Banquet

Dick Sledge

The Tactleneck
Feb 11, 2009
I’m trying to watch it.

Some jokes are ok. Some story lines seemed forced and are awfully boring.

At this pace I may not make it past episode 3 unless something changes.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Half way through episode two and I've enjoyed it.

The assistant girl is pretty funny

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I really like it, personally.

I think I'm on episode 6. It helps if you have a bit of a passing knowledge of gaming but it's pretty clever nonetheless.

The episode with the White Supremacists guild on their MMO was hilarious.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
On season 2 now, really like the scenes with Evil Abed (and Sue is a delight) but the rest so far is kinda average or a bit lame partly because all the characters are dislikable but without the same level of craziness in Always Sunny.

In Always Sunny, they're all assholes and have basically no boundaries, they can go the full 100 with that, this show feels like they're trying to do the same thing but in a more humanist watered down way which doesn't quite work. It's not a network sitcom but it doesn't have that same R-rated level humour that could've elevated it like Always Sunny.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
On season 2 now, really like the scenes with Evil Abed (and Sue is a delight) but the rest so far is kinda average or a bit lame partly because all the characters are dislikable but without the same level of craziness in Always Sunny.

In Always Sunny, they're all assholes and have basically no boundaries, they can go the full 100 with that, this show feels like they're trying to do the same thing but in a more humanist watered down way which doesn't quite work. It's not a network sitcom but it doesn't have that same R-rated level humour that could've elevated it like Always Sunny.

It's a workplace comedy along the lines of Veep or the Office.

I don't like comparing it with Sunny because the premise and style are completely different. The workplace in Sunny is completely incidental.

I think it's got a pretty good variety of characters who can hold their own, from Poppy to Jo to C.W. (played with glee by Oscar winner F. Murray Abraham), and they do a decent job of weaving in contemporary themes from the gaming subculture (like microtransactions and brand/community managers) as well as society at large (e.g. the white supremacist episode).

The first standalone episode focused on Dark Quiet Death was surprisingly poignant.

Last edited:

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
First two episodes of Season 3 out today.

The show is basically a combination of Community and It's Always Sunny. Watch it.

Love this show. It is almost like it was designed specifically for me.

Unfortunately, I don't have Apple TV because it doesn't make the cut of streaming services worth the money. They have a handful of series worth watching, but the library doesn't have enough to justify the cost. I used a free preview to blow through everything I found worth watching, so I figured after this, Severance, and Ted Lasso rollout their new seasons I'll circle back around for a month to get through those.

At some point in the next few months I'll be recovering from surgery for 4-6 weeks so I'm trying to get my show watching in order. Should probably actually start to make a list. I figured I might as well splurge on the platforms I don't typically pay for monthly during that time period. Going to need to definitely add Apple TV and HBO Max.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad