Mystery of Todd Reirden

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
He works with the team’s D men also and a lot of them credit him with helping their game, although you wouldn’t know it from the games lol..a lot of people like and respect him in the organization FWIW…he should be fired too but it won’t matter if Sullivan is still here
At least tap someone new to run the powerplay for the love of Sid.

Maybe we just need a designated PP coach, like mostly for the big club but also for the entire organization. Baby Pens are quite dysfunctional too and are amongst the AHL worst in shorthanded goals against last I checked.

Gonna suggest a guy like Joe Mullen who seemed to do well with the Flyers PP. They had a net-front and shoot-first mentality, and lots just taking the puck hard to the net from the goal line.

There’s a lot wrong but to me the biggest issue is those entries.
Joey Mullen is locked up long term coaching 3Ice. Gonna be hard to pass that up :)

Reactions: Andy99

Rakell67

Sep 28, 2017
PA
The ghost of Olli Maatta looks on in disgust
The ghost of Olli Maatta is still passed out on the balcony.

I'd say:

1) Sully
2) Reirden
3) Carter
4) The PP

Gap

5) Dubas
IMG_5913.jpeg

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Blame Rutherford.

Rutherford said at the time that he valued Reirden's work with defensemen and the power play, and he claimed that the stars liked the way Reirden ran the power play. Letang also spoke highly of him.

Clearly the reunion hasn't been a match.

Reinforces my point about players (also applies to those of you with children)"

What people want doesn't always align with what is best for them.

Reactions: pistolpete11

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
The only logical conclusion is Reirden and Sully have compromising pictures of Dubas with a farm animal of some kind

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I disagree and this is a Todd Reirden thread. Please spin how keeping Reirden employed isnt a mistake by Dubas.
I agree about Rierden, but not about the trade deadline. Keeping Jake wouldn't have helped anyone here.

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Apparently FSG has been hiring some really highly rated executives to run the soccer side of their operations lately. Maybe they will get around to replacing whoever is running the hockey side in a few years.

Fogel

Analytics please
May 10, 2010
PA
I will never understand how the Pens aren't more forceful about finding a solution on the PP. They have always had offensive talent, but regularly underperform that on the PP. This year is just the bottoming out.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
You'd think a team with precious few grains of sand in their hourglass would be more active in trying to make significant changes to stop the hemorrhaging, but we're about 5 years beyond that at this point so f*** it.

If the organization's gonna be intentionally stupid about stuff like Sully, Reirden, Rust, etc., and willfully sabotage themselves over and over, then they deserve the gutter they're currently lying in. Oh well.

Patiently waiting to see how the next chapter goes. Hurry up, Olympics, we need some dudes to retire.

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
We are tanking and Reirden is a big part of PIT's future.

What part of tanking don't you F's understand? PIT is finally starting to accept the music, but half you morons still have heads in the sand.

Why are you bitching about an assistant coach that sucks on a team that sucks? The worst thing this team could do is actually fix some of the major issues and continue to linger on into obscurity for 10 years. Let these Fs continue to collect paychecks until we collect some decent draft picks. Dumbas has 1-2 years to try to fix the scouting department and fire the real problems there. There is plenty of time to let Sully + "She's not my mom, Twodd" bask in their dirty bath water.

Letang, Erik, Malkin, Carter, Sully, Harkins, Todd, etc are all going to play big parts.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
What’s higher our powerplay % or the % of hairs still left on Reirden’s head?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad