My yearly TV coverage complaint

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
It's the conference finals in 2018 and games are still not on basic cable.

I don't have time to tune into every game but I'd love to watch one once in a while when I have a chance. But I'm not upgrading to premium cable and I'm certainly not spending the stupid prices of gamecenter or Hulu live or whatever. Especially when chances are the game i want is probably blacked out anyway.

Is the nhl trying to turn away casual watchers? Are they trying to force me to watch pirate streams? It's the only reasonable option.

Playoff game should all or mostly all be on basic cable.

Penguin Suited Up

Dec 26, 2017
How do you watch hockey if you only have basic cable? NBC only shows games on weekends during the regular season.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Too many small markets left in the final four to get prime time. Not enough people care or would tune in. I understand it fully.

If teams like CHI, PIT, NYR, BOS, TOR etc were still in, you'd see At least a few of these games on prime time.

As for how to watch without premium cable channels, you could use a cord cutter service which only requires internet connection. In the states, services like Youtube TV, Sling TV, PS Vue etc will all give you access to NBCSN and thus the games.

Or resort to illegal means (there are actually plenty of reliable options here too, but site rules prevent me from providing some to you)

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
NBCSN is on basic cable (or at least the same tier as ESPN) on most major systems...sound like you have a shitty cable company.

There are plenty of options when it comes to cable now. It isn’t the day where your only option is you local cable company.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Beyond hockey, half of the NBA playoffs are on TNT (and more of it on ESPN). The College Football Playoffs are on ESPN. Half of baseball playoffs are on TBS/TNT. You aren't watching much playoff sports beyond NFL with bare bones cable in the US (or maybe some of those channels are on basic?). Check the options LiasAndersson mentioned.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Too many small markets left in the final four to get prime time. Not enough people care or would tune in. I understand it fully.

If teams like CHI, PIT, NYR, BOS, TOR etc were still in, you'd see At least a few of these games on prime time.

NBC has been airing primetime games on Saturdays all playoffs (and have for a few years now). You aren't going to get non-final games on broadcast on the weekdays. MLB and NBA don't get that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad