My Top 60 for 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
I see all the love for Bertram on these boards and I don't get it. I've seen him play various times this season and although he's got great hands and offensive instincts, when the puck's in his end, he's always got a foot over his blueline, leaning the other way. I've seen him try and be physical and all he accomplishes is take himself out of the play while making a minimal impact.

Bruno8

Jun 14, 2002
East Coast
Visit site
Leachmeister2000 said:
I'd be dead surprised if he went past the first round. Give him a break, he's the youngest player in Hockey East.

He might be the youngest player in Hockey East, but all this talk of a first round pick is scary. I believe all of you who saw him last year with his blazing speed.
But he isn't using it now. I've seen 2nd and 3rd round picks that have it all over him.
He's a very good finisher, but he doesn't create much on his own.
Maybe he'll snap out of it. Maybe he won't. It could be another case of a player moving to the next level before he's ready. If you were to compare Alex Bourret and
Dan Bertrum it wouldn't even be a contest. Bourret is a ligit 1st round pick.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Leachmeister2000 said:
Any chance of him being the darkhorse sleeper of the draft?

There are a lot of QMJHL dark horse sleeper type dman.

Doirion, Letang, Vlasic, Gragnani and Bissallion are all great puck movers, only problem is they are all fairly small by NHL standards, 5'11 - 6'01

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
LHJMQFAN said:
One more thing LAla...
You really think Bartulis and Bolduc are that much better than Gragnani?

Re: Bartulis.

This guy is incredibly underappreciated, even by most Wildcat fans themselves. He is a joy to watch if you're a true hockey fan, he simply does everything really efficiently. He rarely makes mistakes, knows what the smart play is, and has good passing ability that allows him to create offence and pretty good skating to boot.

Like I said, even Moncton fans (although this isn't saying much, as a whole - with some exceptions, Moncton has awful fans) don't appreciate Bartulis. A few of them complain about how Bartulis was only picked because their other Euro jumped to the AHL this year and they weren't expecting it and took Oskars based on the advice of Martins Karsums (their 2nd Euro this season). They claim that better research would have yielded a better Euro, or that they should have traded the pick for a 19 year old this year. Of course, this ignores the reality that this team is geared towards winning in 2006, but that fact is lost upon them.

The fact of the matter is Bartulis is an extremely solid prospect who I think won't fall out of the top two rounds.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
LHJMQFAN said:
One more thing LAla...
You really think Bartulis and Bolduc are that much better than Gragnani?

I think Bartulis has the best blend of size defensive play and hockey sense of the 3.

Francois Bolduc is a big dman, i can see a team taking him top 60.

Grags is a great dman but he is 6'00. Not saying that is small but not many 6'00 tall dmen go early in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad