Prospect Info: My Top 20 Hab Prospects List (Updated #503)

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
1. Reinbacher
2. Hutson
3. Mesar
4. Roy
5. Fowler
6. Beck
7. Mailloux
8. Engstrom

Is there any other relevant prospect ?
Yep Bogdan has elite skating/mobility and processing speed. He basically always makes the right play, very, very high hockey IQ and great poise overall.. I love the compete level and the defending abilities, not very physical, but really effective with his stick work, gap control ect. He has legit top 4 upside IMO.

I have a crush for Volokhin in net. Xhekaj has become a very intriguing prospect, his talent level is higher than I initially thought, great hands and can reach impressive top speed. He is still a bit raw, but I think he could become a solid third line player down the road, someone who can do alot of things on the ice, including what his older brother does best.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
1. Reinbacher
2. Hutson
3. Mesar
4. Roy
5. Fowler
6. Beck
7. Mailloux
8. Engstrom

Is there any other relevant prospect ?
Absolutely as I really like Struble and Kapanen. The term "relevant" is highly subjective but imo Konyushkov, Heineman, Mesar, Farrell and Xhekaj easily fall under that umbrella but I suppose that all hinges on the way that you interpret "relevant" in the context that you used it. I would interpret it as prospects who still merit a close look as they have a reasonable pathway to full time NHL employment if they continue to progress.

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014
Absolutely as I really like Struble and Kapanen. The term "relevant" is highly subjective but imo Konyushkov, Heineman, Mesar, Farrell and Xhekaj easily fall under that umbrella but I suppose that all hinges on the way that you interpret "relevant" in the context that you used it. I would interpret it as prospects who still merit a close look as they have a reasonable pathway to full time NHL employment if they continue to progress.

I have Mesar at 3. Konyushkov i have only seen highlights but he could be here. Farrell is an outlier if he makes it. Kapanen too. Heineman i doubt there is more than bottom 6 "upside" but we will see.

Xhekaj i also agree.

I did not count Struble but he is top 3 (in my opinion) if we count him as a prospect.

Yep Bogdan has elite skating/mobility and processing speed. He basically always makes the right play, very, very high hockey IQ and great poise overall.. I love the compete level and the defending abilities, not very physical, but really effective with his stick work, gap control ect. He has legit top 4 upside IMO.

I have a crush for Volokhin in net. Xhekaj has become a very intriguing prospect, his talent level is higher than I initially thought, great hands and can reach impressive top speed. He is still a bit raw, but I think he could become a solid third line player down the road, someone who can do alot of things on the ice, including what his older brother does best.

Havent seen Konyushkov other than highlight but i appreciate your takes on prospect so i will take it as a positive that you like him. Same for Volokhin.

Agree on Florian.

Last edited:
Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I have Mesar at 3. Konyushkov i have only seen highlights but he could be here. Farrell is an outlier if he makes it. Kapanen too. Heineman i doubt there is more than bottom 6 "upside" but we will see.

Xhekaj i also agree.

I did not count Struble but he is top 3 (in my opinion) if we count him as a prospect.

Havent seen Konyushkov other than highlight but i appreciate your takes on prospect so i will take it as a positive that you like him.

I am not very high on Mesar as I absolutely hate his perimeter game but that is a playstyle choice and he can always choose to play differently I suppose. His skill level is quite high so I certainly haven't written him off but I have him outside of my top ten just behind Farrell who seems much more interested in trying to play a pro style game.

If you are defining "relevant" as top six upside then I understand your rankings a little better but I'm more of a top 9 guy myself which is where we seem to differ. I hope you are right on Mesar as he has taken a step forward this season even if I still don't entirely appreciate his play style his skill level is impressive.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Last year, I recall posts on his board favourably comparing Farrell's NCAA season to that of Mathew Knies.

A year later, we see that Knies is the vastly superior player.
Farrell is an interesting prospect but was way overhyped by many on this board. But hey, I liked Poehling alot and that was clearly a mistake. I will say that if I had ever met Poehling my opinion would have been drastically different as I think he is far less intelligent than I thought he was.

I am on the fence as I have always been with Farrell as his lack of size, strength and speed are a concerning combination but the kid has a good hockey mind and nice hands.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Farrell is an interesting prospect but was way overhyped by many on this board. But hey, I liked Poehling alot and that was clearly a mistake. I will say that if I had ever met Poehling my opinion would have been drastically different as I think he is far less intelligent than I thought he was.

I am on the fence as I have always been with Farrell as his lack of size, strength and speed are a concerning combination but the kid has a good hockey mind and nice hands.
And I just don't know if he's quite skilled/dynamic enough to overcome his weaknesses.

It all depends on how much better he can get (obviously). Not bad start to his pro career all in all. But he's a guy that needs to take a BIG leap at some point in the next year or so. I think he can still be quite a bit better but I just don't know if it'll be enough.

To me if he makes it and is an impact player, it's a cherry on top kinda deal. Late pick. Doesn't really set us back if he doesn't make it.

Reactions: Estimated_Prophet

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Last year, I recall posts on his board favourably comparing Farrell's NCAA season to that of Mathew Knies.

A year later, we see that Knies is the vastly superior player.

People argued Farrell had a better NCAA season than Knies mainly because Knies was on a stacked line with Cooley and Farrell still outproduced him by a pretty significant margin.

I don't think many people thought Farrell was the better prospect, Farrell has some nice potential but Knies is a safer bet given his size and skillset.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00