My Sens Shakeup

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Tierney has similar, or even slightly better stats than Pageau, plays more PK minutes, his contract is way cheaper, and he has an additional year on his deal. I get that Pageau has an intangibles factors, but the contract factor balances that out. And Pageau still returned a 1st and a 2nd. Coleman also returned a 1st last year. Tierney returning a late 1st is not crazy.
Not crazy but not easily

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Tierney has similar, or even slightly better stats than Pageau, plays more PK minutes, his contract is way cheaper, and he has an additional year on his deal. I get that Pageau has an intangibles factors, but the contract factor balances that out. And Pageau still returned a 1st and a 2nd. Coleman also returned a 1st last year. Tierney returning a late 1st is not crazy.
We were told to expect similar expectations for his contract this summer and he was paid what many of us thought was his true market value, so I'd be willing to take a bet on the return not being a 1st either. I think GM's can read through the leaves on this one and know he's a tier below Pageau.

Reactions: NyQuil

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
We were told to expect similar expectations for his contract this summer and he was paid what many of us thought was his true market value, so I'd be willing to take a bet on the return not being a 1st either. I think GM's can read through the leaves on this one and know he's a tier below Pageau.

Another comparable IMO is Brassard when we traded him to Pittsburgh. A cost controlled solid two-way middle six center with an extra year on their contract has a crap ton of value for any team looking for that extra edge to contend. We basically got a mid-1st, two 3rds and Gustavsson for Brassard.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Another comparable IMO is Brassard when we traded him to Pittsburgh. A cost controlled solid two-way middle six center with an extra year on their contract has a crap ton of value for any team looking for that extra edge to contend. We basically got a mid-1st, two 3rds and Gustavsson for Brassard.
Fair comparable based on stats, but I still hold my ground on this one, I think Brassard held more value and was viewed as a tier above similar to JGP.

I would be pleasantly surprised, but I don't think it will happen. 2nd rounder and something of lower value tossed in is the ceiling imo.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Personally, I'm going for the playoffs

Stutzle-Norris-Batherson
Tkachuk-Brown-Dadonov
Formenton-Paul-Brown
Chlapik-White-Watson
Galchenyuk

Chabot-Zub
Brannstrom-Zaitsev
Wolanin-Gudbranson
Brown

Trade Tierney for a 1st, profit, rebuild complete

Lmao, waive Tierney? We could easily get a 1st round pick for him.

Besides, he's been our best center, and our best shutdown guy this season.

He gets way too much unjustified hate around here.

If it was possible, then Dorion should be fired just for not making that deal... he acquired Stepan for a 2nd and we're stuck with him this season, basically an older and slower Tierney, with less work ethic too. We don't need both. Nick Paul is actually good on face-offs and need to be made a center. He has good defensive awareness, great size and good speed for a huge guy. He should be groomed to be the 3rd line center.

Norris, White, Paul and Stepan as centers until we can upgrade it by bringing Logan Brown in or moving Stutzle to Center.

Peak value to trade Tierney was 2019, when he was 24 y/o cost controlled and producing a nice amount of assists. I wanted Dorion to trade him at that time but ship has sinked now, could probably still get a 2nd for him.

Saying Tierney is an average NHL player is NOT hate, it's the reality. An average NHL player is very good at hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad