Forms. White Brown
Chaps. Paul. Watson

Chabot. Zaitsev
Brannstrom. Zub
Wolanin Gudbranson

Let it Ride

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Formenton would give us some game breaking speed that were currently packing besides jimmy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
My poor boy Tierney

I get no respect, I tell ya, no respect at all. Take my coach - please, take him, anywhere but here! Ah, I'm just kidding. So, my coach, right, he says to me, "hey Chrissy boy" [turns to the audience and makes a face]: Pah! 'Chrissy boy'... "hey Chrissy boy", he says to me, he says, "Chrissy boy... we need you to be a real veteran presence on our team, ya got that, Chrissy boy?". So I says to him, "sure thing coach, anything you need, a real veteran presence, I can do that for you no problem, coach, absolutely, yes sir!" So he says, "great, Chrissy boy. Now how long do you think it'll take you to get PTSD?". No respect, I tell ya, no respect at all.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Formenton would give us some game breaking speed that were currently packing besides jimmy

Not to mention, our biggest hole is probably at 4LW. Formenton can certainly fill that role - he has the grit and pestiness down pat - or you trade Stepan and have a 4th line of Paquette-Paul-Watson, which I think would work better than any 4th line combo we've had thus far. Paul could take faceoffs and then move over to LW responsibilities. Or, you bring in Brown to the top 9 and bump out Paquette for Tierney.

I think Formenton would look good on the wing of White or Norris, maybe with C. Brown on the other side.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, Stephan and Gally can go...but Tierny is still a bit useful.

And yes, I'd love to see Logan and Formenton in the lineup for the rest of the season. We really do need to see what we have in these kids sooner or later.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
lol I am not a Tierney fan but he isn't waiver quality.

You can somehow wish you can get a 2nd rounder back for him that you lost in the Stepan deal.

Vancouver has EP, QH, and Demko up for contract this offseason with only 23mil to sign them & fill at least 5 other roster spots.

Stepan @ 50% + Tierney for Beagle, Eriksson and their next two 2nd rounders.

If they can upgrade their team this season and next while saving 2.25m this year and 5.5m next year, they might just part with those picks. Let's get it done.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
God not, keep Tierney. He can play on any line and isn't a liability in the many roles needed for a diverse team. He never takes a night off and is our forward version of DeMelo. Keep him while the lads develop

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lmao, waive Tierney? We could easily get a 1st round pick for him.

Besides, he's been our best center, and our best shutdown guy this season.

He gets way too much unjustified hate around here.
Lol no.

However he has been consistent and the team really needs him for matchups he should be going no where. I really liked the Paul Tierney C Brown line id like to see it together again.

Reactions: Alex1234

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
If you go by merit. Waiving Dadonov makes more sense than Tierney.

Dadonov has been utterly useless. I'd rather Galchenyuk take his spot for a couple of games, and see what we really have in him

Last edited:

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
I’d like to see Galchenyuk get some time in the top 6. He definitely hasn’t been great but you see flashes of elite skill, especially on the PP.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

I agree with everything you said but the pick. I would wager he'd have been moved already if that were on the table.

Squeeze the juice for now and move him later. They got him locked up to a nice market value contract this summer, so why move him now while we're so thin at Center. He's better than Stepan or Anisimov, that's for sure.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
Waiving Tierney would be real silly. All things considered, he's been our most consistent C.

The other moves will inevitably happen and I am all for them(especially Brown and Chlapik). Gally looked good in limited viewings and can def help the PP, I'd keep him around as 13th forward.

I hate Tierney with a passion but you are right on that one.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
How about these faceoffs:

Derek Stepan 48.9%
Chris Tierney 48.6%
Josh Norris 47.8%
Colin White 42.7%
Artem Anisimov 31.6%

Others of note:
Brady Tkachuk 41.2% (51 faceoffs taken)
Nick Paul 59.2% (49 faceoffs taken)
Cedric Paquette 42.9% (28 faceoffs taken)

Montreal was complaining about their faceoffs last night and they also have two young pivots in Suzuki and KK.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Thats Pageau or Stone
Tierney its a 2nd not a first

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If you go by merit. Waiving Dadonov makes more sense than Tierney.

Dadonov has been utterly useless. I'd rather Galchenyuk take his spot for a couple of games, and see what we really have in him
Lol. If you want useless Gally is the poster boy.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Thats Pageau or Stone
Tierney its a 2nd not a first

Tierney has similar, or even slightly better stats than Pageau, plays more PK minutes, his contract is way cheaper, and he has an additional year on his deal. I get that Pageau has an intangibles factors, but the contract factor balances that out. And Pageau still returned a 1st and a 2nd. Coleman also returned a 1st last year. Tierney returning a late 1st is not crazy.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Tierney is useful, Paul is probably better suited for the wing.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

A first rounder for Chris Tierney easily? What? Is there another Dorion in the league?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad