My New QMJHL Top 25 for 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

QMJHLguru

Dec 11, 2004
Halifax
Here is a look at my new list of top 25 QMJHL Prospects for the hopfully upcoming 2005 NHL Draft... Looking for peoples thoughts on the rankings...

1. Sidney Crosby, C (Rimouski Oceanic)
2. Marek Zagrapan, C (Chicoutimi Sagueneens)
3. Jean-Philippe Levasseur, G (Rouyn-Noranda Huskies)
4. Alex Bourret, C (Lewiston MAINEiacs)
5. Luc Bourdon, D (Val d’Or Foreurs)

6. Oscars Bartulis, D (Moncton Wildcats)
7. Alexandre Vincent, G (Chicoutimi Sagueneens)
8. Slava Trukhno, RW (PEI Rocket)
9. Guillaume Latendresse, LW (Drummondville Voltiguers)
10. Jean-Philippe Paquet, D (Shawinigan Cataractes)

11. Marc-Andre Gragnani, D (PEI Rocket)
12. Simon Bolduc, LW (Acadie-Bathurst Titan)
13. Mathieu Aubin, C (Lewiston MAINEiacs)
14. Mathieu Roy, LW (Acadie-Bathurst Titan)
15. Gennady Churilov, C (Quebec Remparts)

16. Andrew Andricopoulos, D (Quebec Remparts)
17. Marc-Edouard Vlasic, D (Quebec Remparts)
18. Dean Ouellet, LW (Cape Breton Screaming Eagles)
19. Marc-Andre Cote, C, (Acadie-Bathurst Titan)
20. Chad Denny, D (Lewiston MAINEiacs)

21. Marc-Andre Cliché, RW, (Lewiston MAINEiacs)
22. Mathieu Labrie, D (Acadie-Bathurst Titan)
23. Alexandre Picard-Hopper, LW (Baie-Comeau Drakkar)
24. Ryan Mior, G, (PEI Rocket)
25. Justin Saulnier, C (Halifax Mooseheads)

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
QMJHLguru said:
Here is a look at my new list of top 25 QMJHL Prospects for the hopfully upcoming 2005 NHL Draft... Looking for peoples thoughts on the rankings...

Zagrapan #2, where he should be.

Have you seen Latendresse lately? I'm not high on him neither but reports are saying he's catching fire, so 9th seems a little too low.

Keep up the good work, posters like you makes HF Boards better.

HalifaxHit

Dec 1, 2004
Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia
QMJHLguru said:

Great list :handclap:, i would maybe change a few numbers around but i would keep all the same players.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
I think this is a good list altough : Bartulis, Bolduc and Andricopolous are too high while Ouellet and Saulnier shouldn't even be on the list. Paquet, Vlasic & Picard-Hopper are a bit too low.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
HABracadabra said:
Nice List but is't definite that Latendresse will go higher (3rd or 4th out of the Q)

I agree, possibly even 2nd, 9th would drop him out of the first round.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Latendresse is going to be a first round pick.

I disagree with anyone who says Bartulis is much too high. The guy is #2 on one of the best teams in the country (Top 10 at least). People don't ooh and aah over him because he doesn't do anything extraordinarily well, but he is extremely solid all around. He has good puck moving skills, his positiong is very good, he's strong enough to battle with forwards. You don't have to carry the puck the length of the ice or lay guys out to be a good defenceman.

Overall, I like the list quite a bit. I'm not saying he's Top 25, but I would wager that Charles Bergeron will get picked up by somebody this draft. He's got the type of game that will draw attention to himself by doing the little things and laying out the big hits, so I'm fairly confident that one scout will like him enough to take him late.

Anthony Mauro

DraftBuzz Hockey
Oct 3, 2004
www.draftbuzzhockey.com
McDonald19 said:
ISS has Latendresse 9th overall...

And??

Its good to see some originality around here every now and then. You can easily go to the Stickied part of the board if you want to see what ISS thinks.(As you obviously have done) Scouting is very tricky and unless you know something I dont, it could be VERY possible guru, and not ISS, is the correct one five years later down the road.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
Stanilslav Lascek isn't on the list:dunno:? He's only one year older than all the other player so he can still be draft...

BTW, nice list but like other posters already said, Latendresse should be in the top 5 and with the end of the season, Mior could move up on he list but let's see what he can do first...

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
Nobody mention his name but i think Patrick Bernier will be good enought to be in the NHL. The guy have it all.. Hit like a ton of brick, is strong, have a good vision, exellent skating and the best work ethic of his team. I dont know why he is overlook, i hope the HABS will draft him. He will play on a first line in the q next year.. (well he began to play on a first line about 3 week ago with Mondou when he came back because of his hard work)

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
i also think paquet is too low. He plays too much right now for the Cataractes and he seem exhausted. The coach play him way too much.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
QMJHLguru said:

How is Latendresse #9 on this list and he is ranked #9 by the ISS scouting org.?? I'm not from Quebec and have never really seen Latendresse play(other than the Remax), but is this guy a hit or miss kind of prospect? Is some team going to hit a home-run or strike-out? It seems since the start of this year there is a growing difference of opinion on his abilities and future potential. This year his skating seems to have come into question quite a bit. Is this guy another Steve Bernier? I remember seeing Bernier at 15/16 during the Air Canada Cup and never being impressed at all. Over the years Berniers stock seems to have dropped and missing out on the WJC was a big disappointment for him I'm sure. I'm wondering if Latendresse will follow in the same fashion? :pizza:

coaticook

Feb 17, 2004
Latendresse injury did not help his stats, but he seems to be catching up lately with 20 points in 13 games beeing blanked only once during that span, with a team that accumulated 7 consecutives losses. I think if he continues to produce like that, at 6-2 222pds, he`ll for sure go top ten, maybe even top 5.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
HabLover said:
How is Latendresse #9 on this list and he is ranked #9 by the ISS scouting org.?? I'm not from Quebec and have never really seen Latendresse play(other than the Remax), but is this guy a hit or miss kind of prospect? Is some team going to hit a home-run or strike-out? It seems since the start of this year there is a growing difference of opinion on his abilities and future potential. This year his skating seems to have come into question quite a bit. Is this guy another Steve Bernier? I remember seeing Bernier at 15/16 during the Air Canada Cup and never being impressed at all. Over the years Berniers stock seems to have dropped and missing out on the WJC was a big disappointment for him I'm sure. I'm wondering if Latendresse will follow in the same fashion? :pizza:
Well i saw him many game.. and his skating is not an issue, in fact thats the only thing i remembered from him last game i saw.. he have a very good acceleration.. he passed 2 Dman damn fast.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Balej's Dance said:
And??

Its good to see some originality around here every now and then. You can easily go to the Stickied part of the board if you want to see what ISS thinks.(As you obviously have done) Scouting is very tricky and unless you know something I dont, it could be VERY possible guru, and not ISS, is the correct one five years later down the road.

I understand that...but dropping him all the way to 9th in the QMJHL seems a bit extreme to me.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
I have to say that I haven't seen any of them but base on what I heard, here is my top 10:

1. Sidney Crosby
2. Alex Bourret
3. Guillaume Latendresse
4. Marek Zagrapan
5. Luc Bourdon
6. JP Levasseur
7. Slava Trukhno
8. Alexandre Vincent
9. JP Paquet
10. Oscar Bartulis

SuperUnknown

Mar 14, 2002
Visit site
HabLover said:
This year his skating seems to have come into question quite a bit. Is this guy another Steve Bernier? I remember seeing Bernier at 15/16 during the Air Canada Cup and never being impressed at all. Over the years Berniers stock seems to have dropped and missing out on the WJC was a big disappointment for him I'm sure. I'm wondering if Latendresse will follow in the same fashion? :pizza:

Steve Bernier's stock has dropped? Maybe the hype has dropped, but he's still a very good prospect (round 1 worthy!).

I have no doubt Steve Bernier will play one day in the NHL. That's more than I can say about a ton of other prospects.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Marc-André Cliché's post-game answer to a victory:

"You know we played hard, we gave it a 110%, and we played our game. We knew coming in, it wasn't going to be an easy game and we stuck closely to our gameplan."

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Duff88 said:
I think this is a good list altough : Bartulis, Bolduc and Andricopolous are too high while Ouellet and Saulnier shouldn't even be on the list. Paquet, Vlasic & Picard-Hopper are a bit too low.

Bolduc will go really early. He is 6'05 240 lbs and he is 17. Plus he is a good skater.

Picard-Hooper I doubt will even be drafted. 5'10 170 and it looks like he just learnt how to skate. Simon Gamache with much less skill.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
McDonald19 said:
ISS has Latendresse 9th overall...so how can you have him 9th in the QMJHL??

Its HIS Opinion...much like ISS has their opinion.

Personally Latendresse isnt a lock for the first round anymore.

In my opinion he will be a 1st rounder but it isnt a sure thing.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Blackshad said:
Nobody mention his name but i think Patrick Bernier will be good enought to be in the NHL. The guy have it all.. Hit like a ton of brick, is strong, have a good vision, exellent skating and the best work ethic of his team. I dont know why he is overlook, i hope the HABS will draft him. He will play on a first line in the q next year.. (well he began to play on a first line about 3 week ago with Mondou when he came back because of his hard work)

Yeah he is pretty good...too bad he wasnt a bit taller. 5'11 200.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad