My Last Mock Draft

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
This will be my last mock draft I probably end up making, it's been fun and I most certainly will stay apart of the mock draft community, as for my lists I'm done for the time being. Huge shout out to some of the best peeps I met on this forum @flyersdad, @MasterMatt25. Also, @Ristostadt for making the fun Mock drafts that I look forward to :thumbu: If you wanna see my previous mock drafts/rankings from the year you can see my website -> here <-

*some of the player descriptions will be stolen from my previous rankings

1. NJD- Jack Hughes C/LW U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

cut.jpg

After the Hughes v.s Kakko situation we've been dealing with, I still believe that Hughes will go #1. Either player is going to end up being a great choice, but New Jersey is going to take the smaller, and in my opinion slightly more skilled center or winger depending on how New Jersey uses him. He shows a lot of Patrick Kane type talent, and for New Jersey that would be a great addition to their future offensive core.

2. NYR- Kaapo Kakko RW TPS (Liiga)

KaapoKakko-1040x572.jpg

The easiest choice in the draft goes to the Rangers, no reason to even think before running up to the podium and selecting Kakko. A guy who at the beginning of the year definitely wasn't seen as a clear Top 2 prospect, but he has excelled all expectations, and looks like one of the better prospects we've seen. Honestly, I wouldn't be super shocked if New Jersey decided to take him #1 the dude is that good.

3. CHI- Bowen Byram LD Vancouver Giants (WHL)

14223960_web1_BowenByram-CR-.jpg

Chicago's current defense is a train wreck, although that have some good pieces in Nicolas Beaudin, and Henri Jokiharju you definitely need more than 2 guys to help. Bowen Byram is a can't miss in my opinion, he'll probably need just one more year in the juniors before he's ready for that full-time role, but I think he'll easily become one of the more solid defenders in the NHL.

4. (OTT) COL- Alex Turcotte C U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

Turcotte_7-690x464.jpg

Definitely the definition of a great two-way center, I believe I compared him to a Anze Kopitar, or a Patrice Bergeron (Of coure those comparisons being the ceiling for him). A good guy to have on 5 on 5, power-play, or the penalty-kill. Pretty easy choice for the Aves.

5. LAK- Matthew Boldy LW U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

Matthew-Boldy.jpg

I'm going to be pretty Boldy with this pick heh heh. Bad pun aside, I'm a huge fan of Boldy's offensive's talents, and with Byram off the board I don't think it's a bad idea for the Kings to improve their weak winger core.

6. DET- Kirby Dach C Saskatoon Blades (WHL)

11SCH_7652-730x506.jpg

Kirby Dach has been very impressive this season, he continues to show off his ability to be a very good goal scorer, and big physical center who plays really good chippy hockey. Which honestly, we could use more guys like him.

7. BUF- Cole Caufield RW U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

Caufield-Cole-1024x576.jpg

Jeez, this guy has climbed up so far in everyone's rankings, I mean some people even see him going in the Top 5, and I don't entirely disagree with those people. With the insane season he had in goal scoring he's a can't miss sniper.

8. EDM- Dylan Cozens C/RW Lethbridge Hurricanes

cut.jpg

One of the more entertaining players to watch in my opinion. He has one of the best shots out of all the prospects in this draft, good passing, and a pretty good defensive side to his game. Whether he’s playing wing, or center in the NHL I see him becoming a very good Top 6 guy.

9. ANA- Tyler Zegras C/LW U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

zegras-3-copy-2.jpg

Zegras had an amazing season, displaying great offensive abilities whenever he’s in his opponent’s zone. Dangerous player whenever he steps on the ice. Easy pick for Anaheim.

10. VAN- Victor Söderström RD Brynas IF (SHL)

Soderstrom.jpg

Söderström just leaks great potential to become one of the better defense-man to come out of this draft. Just watching him play is fun, he might take awhile to develop, but I think with time, he could end up being a very good Top 4 defender.

11. PHI- Moritz Seider RD Alder Mannheim (DEL)

Moritz-1024x683.jpg

Big, good skater, good puck skills. What isn't there to like about Seider's game? After the Flyers just moved their big defensive guy in Gudas, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some youth on the right side of their defense.

12. MIN- Vasili Podkolzin RW SKA-1946 St. Petersburg (MHL)

7f88873688df321f9a02bea160032a07.jpg

Podkolzin brings a lot when he’s on the ice. Whether it’s in the opponent or his own zone he shines on the ice. Great two-way winger who could end up being a very good top line winger in the future.

13. FLA- Spencer Knight G U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

knight1.jpeg

Panthers goaltending, and defense was their biggest weakness last season. I think they desperately need their goalie of the future, and even though I'm not a huge fan of goaltenders being taken this early in the draft (I think in this situation) Knight deserves the spot.

14. ARZ- Arthur Kaliyev LW Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL)

Kaliyev-1024x684.jpg

What else can I say about this guy, he's the next Ovechkin nuff said.

15. MTL- Peyton Krebs C/LW Kootenay Ice (WHL)

Krebs-1-690x460.jpg

Krebs had to really stand out on his own due to the fact he was on the Kootenay Ice one of the worst teams in the WHL. He really exceeded my expectations by showing off his offensive and defensive abilities on the ice, but sadly his torn achilles is the only reason I have him dropping in this draft, I do hope he can overcome it, and develop into a very good player.

16. COL- Cam York LD U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

cut.jpg

17. VGK- Phillip Broberg LD AIK (Allsvenskan)

162cdfc9078fb07202940a3f8cf30a7fb9a3aef8.jpg

18. DAL- Alex Newhook LW/C Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL)

cut.jpg

19. (CBJ) OTT- Philip Tomasino C Niagara Ice Dogs (OHL)

tomasino-philip.jpg

20. WPG- Ville Heinola LD Lukko (Liiga)

heinola-ee2188f3-088f-4e93-9384-86d41ffb05db_s1390x730_c1637x956_l0x0.jpg

21. PIT- Raphaël Lavoie LW/C Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)

Lavoie-1024x681.jpg

22. (TOR) LAK- Thomas Harley LD Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)

ThomasHarley.jpg

23. NYI- Ryan Suzuki C Barrie Colts (OHL)

Ryan-Suzuki-1040x572.jpg

24. NSH- Bobby Brink RW Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)

Brink-Bobby-1024x576.jpg

25. WSH- Pavel Dorofeyev RW Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL)

Podkolzin-SKA.jpg

26. CGY- Lassi Thomson RD Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

GettyImages_1127402963.0.jpg

27. TBL- Jakob Pelletier LW Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)

Jakob-Pelletier-1.jpg

28. CAR- Connor McMichael C London Knights (OHL)

GettyImages_1127648286.0.jpg

29. (SJS) ANA- Matthew Robertson LD Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

DEV_4833.0.jpg

30. BOS- Samuel Poulin LW/C Sherbrooke Phoenix (QMJHL)

SHE_Poulin3_Action_201819-1-e1549040799736.jpg

31. (STL) BUF- Alex Vlasic LD U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

092218-3-1.jpg

32. OTT- Tobias Björnfot LD Djurgårdens IF J20 (SuperElit)
33. LAK- Nils Höglander LW Rogle BK (SHL)
34. NJD- Nicolas Robertson LW Peterborough Petes (OHL)
35. DET- Anttoni Honka RD JYP (Liiga)
36. (BUF) CAR- Brett Leason RW/C Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
37. (NYR) CAR- Vladislav Kolyachonek LD Flint Firebirds (OHL)
38. EDM- Egor Afanasyev RW/LW Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL)
39. ANA- Brayden Tracey LW Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
40. VAN- Nolan Foote LW Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
41. PHI- Nathan Légaré RW Baie-Comeau Drakkar (QMJHL)
42. MIN- Albin Grewe RW/C Djurgårdens IF J20 (SuperElit)
43. CHI- Ilya Nikolayev C Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)
44. (FLA) OTT- Samuel Fagemo LW Frolunda HC (SHL)
45. ARZ- Patrik Puistola LW Tappara U20 (Jr. A SM-liiga)
46. MTL- John Beecher C U.S National U18 Team (USDP)
47. COL- Ryan Johnson LD Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)
48. VGK- Yegor Spiridonov C/LW Stalnye Lisy Magnitogorsk (MHL)
49. (DAL) NYR- Mikko Kokkonen LD Jukurit (Liiga)
50. (CBJ) MTL- Jamieson Rees C Sarnia Sting (OHL)
51. WPG- Artemi Knyazev LD Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)
52. (PIT) FLA- Henry Thrun LD U.S National U18 Team (USDP)
53. TOR- Kaedan Korczak RD Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
54. (NYI) DET- Mads Søgaard G Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
55. (NSH) NJD- Simon Holmström RW HV71 J20 (SuperElit)
56. WSH- Shane Pinto C Lincoln Stars (USHL)
57. (CGY) NYI- Jacob LaCombe LD Shattuck St. Mary's Midget Prep (USHS-Prep)
58. (TBL) NYR- Dmitry Sheshin RW/LW Stalnye Lisy Magnitogorsk (MHL)
59. CAR- Karl Henriksson C Frölunda HC J20 (SuperElit)
60. (SJS) DET- Jordan Spence RD Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)
61. (BOS) NJD- Marcus Kallionkieli LW Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)
62. STL- Albert Johansson LD Färjestad BK J20 (SuperElit)

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m a Coyotes fan. I have Krebs ranked third overall in the draft and Kaliyev ranked 13th overall in the draft. I say, I say, I say god daaaaamn.

flyersdad

Jan 23, 2018
great job @ViktorBaeArvidsson. If Seider gets past Detroit and Anaheim (which im not sure he does), I think he is a great fit with the flyers. They need a high end RHD in the prospect pool. Pelletier is going to be TB feels right. Brink is going to be a steal to someone

Reactions: ViktorBaeArvidsson

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
This will be my last mock draft I probably end up making, it's been fun and I most certainly will stay apart of the mock draft community, as for my lists I'm done for the time being. Huge shout out to some of the best peeps I met on this forum @flyersdad, @MasterMatt25. Also, @Ristostadt for making the fun Mock drafts that I look forward to :thumbu: If you wanna see my previous mock drafts/rankings from the year you can see my website -> here <-

*some of the player descriptions will be stolen from my previous rankings

1. NJD- Jack Hughes C/LW U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

cut.jpg

After the Hughes v.s Kakko situation we've been dealing with, I still believe that Hughes will go #1. Either player is going to end up being a great choice, but New Jersey is going to take the smaller, and in my opinion slightly more skilled center or winger depending on how New Jersey uses him. He shows a lot of Patrick Kane type talent, and for New Jersey that would be a great addition to their future offensive core.

2. NYR- Kaapo Kakko RW TPS (Liiga)

KaapoKakko-1040x572.jpg

The easiest choice in the draft goes to the Rangers, no reason to even think before running up to the podium and selecting Kakko. A guy who at the beginning of the year definitely wasn't seen as a clear Top 2 prospect, but he has excelled all expectations, and looks like one of the better prospects we've seen. Honestly, I wouldn't be super shocked if New Jersey decided to take him #1 the dude is that good.

3. CHI- Bowen Byram LD Vancouver Giants (WHL)

14223960_web1_BowenByram-CR-.jpg

Chicago's current defense is a train wreck, although that have some good pieces in Nicolas Beaudin, and Henri Jokiharju you definitely need more than 2 guys to help. Bowen Byram is a can't miss in my opinion, he'll probably need just one more year in the juniors before he's ready for that full-time role, but I think he'll easily become one of the more solid defenders in the NHL.

4. (OTT) COL- Alex Turcotte C U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

Turcotte_7-690x464.jpg

Definitely the definition of a great two-way center, I believe I compared him to a Anze Kopitar, or a Patrice Bergeron (Of coure those comparisons being the ceiling for him). A good guy to have on 5 on 5, power-play, or the penalty-kill. Pretty easy choice for the Aves.

5. LAK- Matthew Boldy LW U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

Matthew-Boldy.jpg

I'm going to be pretty Boldy with this pick heh heh. Bad pun aside, I'm a huge fan of Boldy's offensive's talents, and with Byram off the board I don't think it's a bad idea for the Kings to improve their weak winger core.

6. DET- Kirby Dach C Saskatoon Blades (WHL)

11SCH_7652-730x506.jpg

Kirby Dach has been very impressive this season, he continues to show off his ability to be a very good goal scorer, and big physical center who plays really good chippy hockey. Which honestly, we could use more guys like him.

7. BUF- Cole Caufield RW U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

Caufield-Cole-1024x576.jpg

Jeez, this guy has climbed up so far in everyone's rankings, I mean some people even see him going in the Top 5, and I don't entirely disagree with those people. With the insane season he had in goal scoring he's a can't miss sniper.

8. EDM- Dylan Cozens C/RW Lethbridge Hurricanes

cut.jpg

One of the more entertaining players to watch in my opinion. He has one of the best shots out of all the prospects in this draft, good passing, and a pretty good defensive side to his game. Whether he’s playing wing, or center in the NHL I see him becoming a very good Top 6 guy.

9. ANA- Tyler Zegras C/LW U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

zegras-3-copy-2.jpg

Zegras had an amazing season, displaying great offensive abilities whenever he’s in his opponent’s zone. Dangerous player whenever he steps on the ice. Easy pick for Anaheim.

10. VAN- Victor Söderström RD Brynas IF (SHL)

Soderstrom.jpg

Söderström just leaks great potential to become one of the better defense-man to come out of this draft. Just watching him play is fun, he might take awhile to develop, but I think with time, he could end up being a very good Top 4 defender.

11. PHI- Moritz Seider RD Alder Mannheim (DEL)

Moritz-1024x683.jpg

Big, good skater, good puck skills. What isn't there to like about Seider's game? After the Flyers just moved their big defensive guy in Gudas, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some youth on the right side of their defense.

12. MIN- Vasili Podkolzin RW SKA-1946 St. Petersburg (MHL)

7f88873688df321f9a02bea160032a07.jpg

Podkolzin brings a lot when he’s on the ice. Whether it’s in the opponent or his own zone he shines on the ice. Great two-way winger who could end up being a very good top line winger in the future.

13. FLA- Spencer Knight G U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

knight1.jpeg

Panthers goaltending, and defense was their biggest weakness last season. I think they desperately need their goalie of the future, and even though I'm not a huge fan of goaltenders being taken this early in the draft (I think in this situation) Knight deserves the spot.

14. ARZ- Arthur Kaliyev LW Hamilton Bulldogs (OHL)

Kaliyev-1024x684.jpg

What else can I say about this guy, he's the next Ovechkin nuff said.

15. MTL- Peyton Krebs C/LW Kootenay Ice (WHL)

Krebs-1-690x460.jpg

Krebs had to really stand out on his own due to the fact he was on the Kootenay Ice one of the worst teams in the WHL. He really exceeded my expectations by showing off his offensive and defensive abilities on the ice, but sadly his torn achilles is the only reason I have him dropping in this draft, I do hope he can overcome it, and develop into a very good player.

16. COL- Cam York LD U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

cut.jpg

17. VGK- Phillip Broberg LD AIK (Allsvenskan)

162cdfc9078fb07202940a3f8cf30a7fb9a3aef8.jpg

18. DAL- Alex Newhook LW/C Victoria Grizzlies (BCHL)

cut.jpg

19. (CBJ) OTT- Philip Tomasino C Niagara Ice Dogs (OHL)

tomasino-philip.jpg

20. (WPG) NYR- Ville Heinola LD Lukko (Liiga)

heinola-ee2188f3-088f-4e93-9384-86d41ffb05db_s1390x730_c1637x956_l0x0.jpg

21. PIT- Raphaël Lavoie LW/C Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)

Lavoie-1024x681.jpg

22. (TOR) LAK- Thomas Harley LD Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)

ThomasHarley.jpg

23. NYI- Ryan Suzuki C Barrie Colts (OHL)

Ryan-Suzuki-1040x572.jpg

24. NSH- Bobby Brink RW Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)

Brink-Bobby-1024x576.jpg

25. WSH- Pavel Dorofeyev RW Metallurg Magnitogorsk (KHL)

Podkolzin-SKA.jpg

26. CGY- Lassi Thomson RD Kelowna Rockets (WHL)

GettyImages_1127402963.0.jpg

27. TBL- Jakob Pelletier LW Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)

Jakob-Pelletier-1.jpg

28. CAR- Connor McMichael C London Knights (OHL)

GettyImages_1127648286.0.jpg

29. (SJS) ANA- Matthew Robertson LD Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

DEV_4833.0.jpg

30. BOS- Samuel Poulin LW/C Sherbrooke Phoenix (QMJHL)

SHE_Poulin3_Action_201819-1-e1549040799736.jpg

31. (STL) BUF- Alex Vlasic LD U.S National U18 Team (USDP)

092218-3-1.jpg

32. OTT- Tobias Björnfot LD Djurgårdens IF J20 (SuperElit)
33. LAK- Nils Höglander LW Rogle BK (SHL)
34. NJD- Nicolas Robertson LW Peterborough Petes (OHL)
35. DET- Anttoni Honka RD JYP (Liiga)
36. (BUF) CAR- Brett Leason RW/C Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
37. (NYR) CAR- Vladislav Kolyachonek LD Flint Firebirds (OHL)
38. EDM- Egor Afanasyev RW/LW Muskegon Lumberjacks (USHL)
39. ANA- Brayden Tracey LW Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
40. VAN- Nolan Foote LW Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
41. PHI- Nathan Légaré RW Baie-Comeau Drakkar (QMJHL)
42. MIN- Albin Grewe RW/C Djurgårdens IF J20 (SuperElit)
43. CHI- Ilya Nikolayev C Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)
44. (FLA) OTT- Samuel Fagemo LW Frolunda HC (SHL)
45. ARZ- Patrik Puistola LW Tappara U20 (Jr. A SM-liiga)
46. MTL- John Beecher C U.S National U18 Team (USDP)
47. COL- Ryan Johnson LD Sioux Falls Stampede (USHL)
48. VGK- Yegor Spiridonov C/LW Stalnye Lisy Magnitogorsk (MHL)
49. (DAL) NYR- Mikko Kokkonen LD Jukurit (Liiga)
50. (CBJ) MTL- Jamieson Rees C Sarnia Sting (OHL)
51. WPG- Artemi Knyazev LD Chicoutimi Saguenéens (QMJHL)
52. (PIT) FLA- Henry Thrun LD U.S National U18 Team (USDP)
53. TOR- Kaedan Korczak RD Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
54. (NYI) DET- Mads Søgaard G Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
55. (NSH) NJD- Simon Holmström RW HV71 J20 (SuperElit)
56. WSH- Shane Pinto C Lincoln Stars (USHL)
57. (CGY) NYI- Jacob LaCombe LD Shattuck St. Mary's Midget Prep (USHS-Prep)
58. (TBL) NYR- Dmitry Sheshin RW/LW Stalnye Lisy Magnitogorsk (MHL)
59. CAR- Karl Henriksson C Frölunda HC J20 (SuperElit)
60. (SJS) DET- Jordan Spence RD Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)
61. (BOS) NJD- Marcus Kallionkieli LW Sioux City Musketeers (USHL)
62. STL- Albert Johansson LD Färjestad BK J20 (SuperElit)

hqdefault.jpg

Why on earth is Höglander not a first rounder according to this?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
High 2nd, just because of the defenders going above him, if this was rankings he would be in the 25-31 range, a lot of teams I think are gonna go with defenders, then again last year I went 4/31 so who knows lol

I think he will go around 15-20 at the lowest, he is an insanely skilled player with elite skating, passing and puck skills, I think a team will realise he is good enough to be drafted there. He scored 14 SHL points as a 17/18 year old which is very impressive. He was a monster at the combine too.

There is usually a skilled European like Höglander that is taken in the top 15-25 even though they are ranked lower, to the surprise of fans, but not scouts, and he usually turns out to be a steal. Höglander is ranked around the 20-25 range so it wouldn’t be a surprise either. He is much better than Thomson, Vlasic, Tomasino, Mcmichael, Lavoie, Heinola, Poulin, Suzuki, Harley, Kalyiev and Pelletier in my eyes. He is better at most of those forwards at every single aspect of the game.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
I think he will go around 15-20 at the lowest, he is an insanely skilled player with elite skating, passing and puck skills, I think a team will realise he is good enough to be drafted there. He scored 14 SHL points as a 17/18 year old which is very impressive. He was a monster at the combine too.

There is usually a skilled European like Höglander that is taken in the top 15-25 even though they are ranked lower, to the surprise of fans, but not scouts, and he usually turns out to be a steal. Höglander is ranked around the 20-25 range so it wouldn’t be a surprise either. He is much better than Thomson, Vlasic, Tomasino, Mcmichael, Lavoie, Heinola, Harley and
Eh, idk about him being better than Tomasino Heinola or Lavoie, I agree he had a very impressive season for an 18 year old, it’s just differing opinions at this point, I definitely could see him make the leap in the draft and wouldn’t be caught too off guard as we saw with last year’s draft with guys like Dellandrea, and O’Brien. I like a lot of the prospects in this year’s draft and I kept flipping guys spots since April, this 1st Round crop of prospects is really good, and even if he went like 16th to Colorado I don’t think anyone would say “Oh that’s a bad pick” can’t really do that with this draft this year in the 1st Round, lots of good players are gonna drop into the 2nd.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
like the Oilers pick of Cozens but not sure if they will pass on Zegras to take him? Cozens though is a Canadian playing in the WHL and is not committed to college like Zegras is so that could work in Cozens' favor. also excited about the prospect of taking Afanasyev at #38, though i would be happy with Tracey, Foote or Legare as well. good job on the list though. be interesting indeed to see if Sieder continues to rise up the ladder by this Friday's draft?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Eh, idk about him being better than Tomasino Heinola or Lavoie, I agree he had a very impressive season for an 18 year old, it’s just differing opinions at this point, I definitely could see him make the leap in the draft and wouldn’t be caught too off guard as we saw with last year’s draft with guys like Dellandrea, and O’Brien. I like a lot of the prospects in this year’s draft and I kept flipping guys spots since April, this 1st Round crop of prospects is really good, and even if he went like 16th to Colorado I don’t think anyone would say “Oh that’s a bad pick” can’t really do that with this draft this year in the 1st Round, lots of good players are gonna drop into the 2nd.

Good point about the general quality of the late first/ early second round. I don’t think Lavoie or Tomasino are nearly as skilled, good skaters or creative as Höglander, and Lavoie doesn’t have close to Höglanders compete level, motor and defensive game. As for Heinola, it is hard to compare forwards to defencemen, and it will possibly be more down to team need, although I don’t see any real standout ability with Heinola like Höglander has with his skating and skill, which should give Höglander higher upside from my point of view. If the Rangers ( my favourite team) get Höglander at 20 I would be very excited with the pick, but time will tell as always.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad