My High School's in the State Finals

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
My high school was in the state championship last year. Go watch from about 1:55 into the YT, wild ending.

(in red)

This is actually the 1st I've seen of it, had just heard about what went down until now.

Sep 19, 2008
Hs football is not relevant here

Many if the lads use it as an excursion and few get legit offers from big schools

Now across the river it might be different in Nova and Virginia Beach raises a lot of Hokies like great cam chancellor but still here it's not relevant. Once you start going into DC it might be relevant (Gonzaga, Ballou, dematha, etc)

I've only been to one hs football game and was bored out of my mind. Got better things to do on a Friday night like play starcraft. Team was never really any good.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
my alma mater lost in the quarterfinals saturday...been on a decent run in the last 10 years, consistently in the tourney, 2 state titles

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Nope. I grew up in the rural, northern part of the Sacramento valley. No money, no athletes.

They did make the playoffs a few years back and won a couple games, which was huge for them.

Unrelated but Current Washington coach and former Boise st coach Chris Petersen is from there and went to school there. Still has family in the area.

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
My school was a joke at football

While I was in high school the Varsity record was

99-00 = 1-8
00-01 = 2-7
01-02 = 1-8
02-03 = 0-9

Actually got worse in years after I graduated

11-12 = 0-9
12-13 = 0-9
13-14 = 0-9

Basketball was always the school strength when it came to athletics with many 20+ win years and qualifying for playoffs over several decades. Won State Championship twice (70-71 and 71-72) when Quinn Buckner was playing for team

My school was always 3rd fiddle in area to Thornton and Thornwood. Those schools won more and produced more professional talent across multiple sports then my school

sounds a lot like my highschool football team when I was in school.
I remember one game they trailed 48-0 at the half and the local radio station went back to playing music at the half:laugh:
our strength was soccer. usually made the playoff semis every year.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Hs football is not relevant here

Many if the lads use it as an excursion and few get legit offers from big schools

Now across the river it might be different in Nova and Virginia Beach raises a lot of Hokies like great cam chancellor but still here it's not relevant. Once you start going into DC it might be relevant (Gonzaga, Ballou, dematha, etc)

I've only been to one hs football game and was bored out of my mind. Got better things to do on a Friday night like play starcraft. Team was never really any good.

growing up on the other side of the river in northern virginia, football was big but they could never beat those norfolk area teams in the state finals (6A) . 5A stone bridge would always win states for a while and no one could ever stop them, they were basically the king of nothern va for a while

you had 6A teams such as chantilly, oakton, robinson, west springfield, south county and more that were getting great looks by colleges. For example:

west springfield is known for kickers and punters and bryn renner on the ravens
lake braddock has the quarterbacks
westfield has the recievers like eddie royal and evan royster who both played in nfl
robinson had some defensive lineman that got big offers

point being, its not huge like those major states but northern va has been producing some great athletes
its not as great the norfolk area, but its a great place to watch a game friday nights

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad