OT: My Habs Autograph Collections (Scans inside)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
2zs4jki.jpg

Here is my favorite, an authentic Guy Lafleur rookie card, signed by the legend himself. Even Guy was suprised when I asked him to sign this. It's not in the best of shape, but I don't care, it's still my favorite, and will be buried with me when I croak lol

Don't you have a pretty impressive jersey collection? Not sure if you've ever posted pics before, but I'd love to see some if you ever get around to it.

Analyzer*

I have a Ken Dryden rookie graded a 5. I bought a Ray Bourque rookie graded 7.5

I have Stamkos (9.5), Nugent-Hopkins(9.5), Tavares(9) a bunch of other autos. A bunch of rookies and Roy cards.

As for selling my Roy cards... Not at this point. I'm collecting as many as I can. I have around 350, all different. Whether it be just a different serial number, regular and artist proof, or whichever. All different.

My recent winnings was a Brendan Gallagher Ice Glacial rookie card. /75 or /149. I don't remember. I might have a problem with hockey cards...

Others I got for cheap.

Luke Schenn Future Watch graded 8.5 Auto 10
2010-2011 Robin Lehner Crown Royale AU/RC Graded 9 Auto 10
Thomas Vanek Rookie Materials Grade 8

I don't really buy packs because I have the worst luck.

Roy cards I've recently bought:

2009-2010 SpXcitment /99 (Habs)
2011-2012Panini Red light limited /49 (Avs)
98-99 Pinnacle Holo Electric /99 (avs)
99-00 Stadium Club One of a Kind /150 (Avs)
00-01 Aurora Complete Players /299
96-97 Pinnacle Masks (Avs) nice looking card
98-99 Zenith Z-Team (avs)

The years might be off. I don't remember which corresponds with which.

Other graded cards:

2011-12 Panini Prime. Prime time rookie jerseys Sean Couturier 9.5 (Edges are a 10)
Curits Joseph and Sergei Fedorov 1990-91 O-Pee-Chee Premier both graded a 9 (PSA)
1991-92 Pro Set. Niklas Lidstrom rookie graded 8.5

I was also able to find a Brayden Schenn future watch signed, graded card and a Sean Couturier YG graded got both for around 30 bucks.

The best card that I've got recently from a pack is a Jake Allen Young Gun card.

Analyzer*

Your collection looks mostly from the late 80s to early 90s.

Basically, those cards are worth more if you were to throw them at people and the get the entertainment out of that.

That Beliveau card could be worth a pretty penny if it's not a reprint.

That Crosby rookie has a BV of 40.

Gotta get some coin sleeves and cases.

Analyzer*

I was told the Beliveau card was an original. I need to get it appraised though, to be sure. I had a Patrick Roy rookie card, mint condition and appraised but upon the divorce of my parents, my father ran off with it.

You just need to look at the back and see the print date. I personally haven't come across a fake that had the original print date.

The worst people have to watch out for are magnets. A lot of Gretzky and Roy rookies are out there for a really good price... Because they're magnets.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

Basically, those cards are worth more if you were to throw them at people and the get the entertainment out of that.

This is pretty much what we tell everyone who brings 80's or 90's comics into the shop to sell. Worth more to burn it for heat during the winter than anything else.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
A bit of my collection...

391859_10151183649110888_266232236_n.jpg

1996 coin collection (missing two for a complete series)

424784_10151178075515888_240555871_n.jpg

Sadly, this is the state of my collection. I have been trying to sell them for a while now because they take up too much room and I just don't have any sentimental value to the lot. They were passed down to me by someone I despise, so the sooner I can get rid of everything, the better.

Wow I didn't even know they made coins like that :amazed: Looks like your collection is taking up some space, you know I wouldn't mind helping you free up some space if you get my drift :naughty:

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
Here is my favorite, an authentic Guy Lafleur rookie card, signed by the legend himself. Even Guy was suprised when I asked him to sign this. It's not in the best of shape, but I don't care, it's still my favorite, and will be buried with me when I croak lol

My fav Hab auto as well. I use to be heavy into cards but got out of the hobby. Still have a few real nice high grade OPC Roy RC's & other high end OPC sets. Anyone go to the Toronto Card Expo? Roy was there last show.

lafleur-auto-bvg-front.jpg

PernellsWhiteAmi

Long Live Chappelle
Oct 24, 2009
Vermont/Montreal

Hahaha. Great post.

Fergy22

Nov 9, 2003
Ft Wayne
A few of my better ones from the 50s and 60s. All are vintage cards.
scan2_zps00061d41.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

scan3_zpsc08dcaf4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

scan4_zps25ba0962.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

scan6_zps334aed09.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

scan9_zpse415eb73.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

scan7_zps0f9df184.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

scan5_zps332d7e94.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
My fav Hab auto as well. I use to be heavy into cards but got out of the hobby. Still have a few real nice high grade OPC Roy RC's & other high end OPC sets. Anyone go to the Toronto Card Expo? Roy was there last show.

lafleur-auto-bvg-front.jpg

Wow, that card is in great shape. :)

I'm the same. I was big into cards up until the mid 90's. Then I passed on the majority of my cards to my much younger cousins. I've kept a few of my favorites, but none are really worth anything. They just have sentimental value to me now.

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Jean Beliveau's signature is sick. Clean, chic, prestigious signature lol.

I will scan all my Alex Galchenyuk collection up till now.

Fergy22..that's an insane collection.

Last edited:

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
Wow, that card is in great shape. :)

I'm the same. I was big into cards up until the mid 90's. Then I passed on the majority of my cards to my much younger cousins. I've kept a few of my favorites, but none are really worth anything. They just have sentimental value to me now.

Ya, Guy took his time signing it on the side so he didn't go over the jersey/Habs logo. It's as clean as some 9 Mints I've seen. Been offered $800 on it and passed, the JSA cert/grading/shipping on it cost me enough so didn't bother.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
2rm4ktj.jpg

...I know it's not an autograph, but I wanted to share this painting my wife got me on eBay last year for my birthday...never seen it anywhere else...really adds to my collection...:nod:

Last edited:

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Great collections guys! Truly awesome stuff.

I know a little bit about collecting myself. :laugh::help: Expensive hobby but incredibly fun and rewarding on a personal level. My wife and I just purchased a house, and I already have a room set up in the basement for my collection! My wife is awesome for giving me free reign to do whatever I wish with the rooms down there!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad