my first post mostly anger...

blainus

Feb 1, 2013
first off pavelec has too be a lot better...the penalty kill will continue to be poor if he can't raise his game...

the next thing that is driving me crazy is the acceptance of the term "the wall'
this is canada engblom, hnidy and johnson we call it the boards...never heard of a penalty for "walling"...please talk to us like canadians not americans...

as for engblom it's nice that i guess he couldn't find time to watch the jets canadiens game...if he did he would be been able to provide some meaningful analysis when pavs dropped a glove save which ended out in front and in the back of the net...ooh and then how about kovalev on the pp...once again right over the glove for another goal...not one mention of pavs struggles against montreal or how teams seem to be keying on his weakness...engblom has no business doing jets games...he is terrible...

back to the jets if pavs doesn't improve the team won't make the playoffs....real simple....thanks...let me know what you guys think......

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
When your defence depth is in shambles due to injuries your goalie has to carry the team...
Currently that has yet to happen. This team will live and die by Pavelec.
We basically did well against Boston and Pittsburgh (two top teams) because of Pavelec...
We basically lost against NYI and Florida (two lower teams) because of Pavelec...

Ya our team can play like **** but in the end, if you don't have a superior team depth (which won't happen until both Byfuglien and Bogosian return), you live and die by your goaltender.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
the next thing that is driving me crazy is the acceptance of the term "the wall'
this is canada engblom, hnidy and johnson we call it the boards...never heard of a penalty for "walling"...please talk to us like canadians not americans...

We could take this to the next step. According to Don Cherry we're following the Americans in many word changes in our sport. To "dangle" is to skate fast. It is a sweater not a jersey. It is not the offensive zone, neutral zone, or defensive zone. It is our end, center ice, and their end.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
We do good when Pavs posts a .930+ but lose when he posts a sub .9

We need more consistently good play.

blainus

Feb 1, 2013
We could take this to the next step. According to Don Cherry we're following the Americans in many word changes in our sport. To "dangle" is to skate fast. It is a sweater not a jersey. It is not the offensive zone, neutral zone, or defensive zone. It is our end, center ice, and their end.

i always thought dangle meant to stickhandle ...this americanization has no place on canadian radio or tv...someone needs to call 1290 about this and tsn jets...hnidy, johnson, and engblom should be told use the proper canadian terminology or show them the door....

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
i always thought dangle meant to stickhandle ...this americanization has no place on canadian radio or tv...someone needs to call 1290 about this and tsn jets...hnidy, johnson, and engblom should be told use the proper canadian terminology or show them the door....

I think Hnidy and Johnson are Canadian - they're former players and are using terminology that I'm sure is used between coaches and their players. I don't think this is a problem.

blainus

Feb 1, 2013
i think it's a problem...they are canadian and should know better...my guess is their american coaches used the term the wall...did they ever play for an american coach along the way....

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
i think it's a problem...they are canadian and should know better...my guess is their american coaches used the term the wall...did they ever play for an american coach along the way....

Aren't you overreacting a little bit? They're just terms they'll throw around during commentary, it really shouldn't affect your experience so much.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I don't think so, not many American coaches in the league yet.

I think this kind of nationalism is a bit silly, honestly.

blainus

Feb 1, 2013
you are entitled to your opinion....engblom just called a deflection a tweaking of the puck...what the hell does that mean..

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
you are entitled to your opinion....engblom just called a deflection a tweaking of the puck...what the hell does that mean..

The position of the puck was tweaked from its original position. Tweaking is a legitimate word.

Of all the gripes one can have about this team, this is a bit on the silly side.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This debate is beyond ridiculous.

Language evolves. Why do you think we don't use the word Twas anymore?

Play by play and colour guys are tasked with making the games as interesting as possible, and that is done in part by using a varied vocabulary.

Hockey seriously has to be the worst when it comes to traditions, rituals, and keeping things vanilla.

blainus

Feb 1, 2013
for americans not canadians...hockey is exciting enough without wait for it tweaking the language of the game..

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Pavelec is playing worse than his stats show which are quickly inflating. In every single game I have watched he has had anywhere from 1-3 shots hit the post or crossbar. Luck can only get you so far before shots start going in which they have the last 2 games. Winnipeg needs to develop an elite goaltender who can take them to the playoffs. I dont see the defense in shambles. We are missing Bogosian who is a large part of the defense but besides him who are we missing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad