NHL Entry Draft: My First Ever Mock(2012 all over again????)

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
1. Toronto- Austin Matthews
2. Winnipeg- Patrik Laine
3. Columbus- Jesse Puljujärvi
4. Edmonton- Mikhail Sergachev
5. Vancouver- Jacob Chychrun
6. Calgary- Jake Bean
7. Arizona- Matthew Tkachuk
8. Buffalo- Olli Juolevi
9. Montréal- Pierre-Luc Dubois
10. Colorado- Dante Fabbro
11. New Jersey- Logan Brown
12. Ottawa- Alexander Nylander
13. Carolina- Clayton Keller
14. Boston- Tyson Jost
15. Minnesota- Keiffer Bellows
16. Detroit- German Rubstov
17. Nashville- Michael McLeod
18. Philadelphia- Max Jones
19. NYI- Logan Stanley
20. Arizona- Charles McAvoy
21. Carolina- Julien Gauthier
22. Winnipeg- Luke Kunin
23. Florida- Markus Niemeläinen
24. Anaheim- Riley Tufte
25. Dallas- Pascal Laberge
26. Washington- Tage Thompson
27. Tampa Bay- Kale Clague
28. St. Louis- Lucas Johansen
29. Boston- Carl Grundstrom
30. Toronto- Rasmus Asplund

1Boliever

Previously HH
Jan 10, 2014
Canada
It kind went downhill after #3. It is possible that Edmonton takes a defenseman, but they sure don't need another left handed one, Vancouver is also possible to take a defenseman, but not when they have their pick of Dubois and Tkachuk, and there is zero chance that Calgary does the same thing, considering their major organizational weakness on the wing.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I would be insanely thrilled if the Bruins had the opportunity to pick Jost.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
and the whole Province of Quebec rejoices.....but no way PLD is available at #9
Absolute dream scenario for the Habs!

But I think there's a slight chance the draft plays out this way:

Just like in 2012, the run on defensemen meant that projected top 5 picks Forsberg and Grigorenko fell to 11 and 12.
No mocks (or very very few) had Forsberg and Grigorenko out of the top 6-7 picks.
If Edmonton covents a defenseman, they'll take it, and I think Sergachev might be the guy. He's my favourite of the "big-3" defensemen available.
From there, I doubt Vancouver takes a d-man but hey, it's the draft, so who knows, maybe they're looking at a future replacement for Edler?
Calgary already has a stacked D core with Gio, Brodie, and Hamilton, but Gio isn't getting any younger, and Bean is probably the best pure offensive defenseman available. Maybe 6 is a reach, but it's not inconceivable. Hampus Lindholm was considered a reach in '12 and look how that turned out.
I actually think that Arizona goes d-man, and Juolevi and OEL could make for one hell of a pairing to go with their high-end offense with the likes of Domi, Duclair, Dvorak, etc.
If Tkachuk was available at 8, Buffalo is gonna take him, despite their stacked forward core. Him and Eichel could be deadly together.
This leaves Dubois available at 9 for the Habs, who will definitely end his fall here.
I think Colorado goes d-man anyways, so here, they have their pick of Fabbro and McAvoy.

The d-man run means that many good forwards will fall, such as Brown, Keller, Nylander, and Jost, as we see here.

Nobody has predicted the draft playing out like this, and it is a little far-fetched, but don't be too surprised if it actually plays out this way.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
It kind went downhill after #3. It is possible that Edmonton takes a defenseman, but they sure don't need another left handed one, Vancouver is also possible to take a defenseman, but not when they have their pick of Dubois and Tkachuk, and there is zero chance that Calgary does the same thing, considering their major organizational weakness on the wing.

I though he played the right side or at least has shown the ability to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad