My Final Top 50 OHL'ers for the 2015 NHL Draft

Mar 12, 2009
Thanks for the heads up. Should be fixed.

No problem. Yep they are working now.

Thanks for posting! Another great read as usual. Was especially interested in your right up on the Rangers draft eligible players. I definitely see potential in them, was a bit surprised none of them really took that extra step in development this year, at least not consistently. After watching Davies early in the season I had pretty solid hopes for him because he looked like he had finally put things together, but then he just kind of fell off.

Mason Kohn was really fun to watch in the playoffs, always involved. I can recall him throwing a nice hit to cause a turnover in the offensive zone, he then went to the net, took a pass and scored. Hopefully he gets a bit more ice time next season, he's go compete.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Awesome read as always. Disappointed no Steelheads but I kind of figured that.

The Steelheads situation is kind of two fold.

On one hand, their two top players from this Priority Crop (Day and Bastian) are not eligible until next year. If they were eligible, they'd obviously appear on this list and relatively high. With Mike McLeod, the Steelheads could have three players in the Top 30 of 2016 (of OHL guys).

On the other hand, the fact that the Steelheads have no other players on this list speaks volumes to the mismanagement of the franchise. From poor drafting (not finding players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds), to poor development (guys like Thomas Welsh, Jared Walsh, Jesse Barwell, Damian Bourne), to poor asset management (the Lodge trade this year).

How there have not been sweeping changes this offseason at every level is beyond me.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
The Steelheads situation is kind of two fold.

On one hand, their two top players from this Priority Crop (Day and Bastian) are not eligible until next year. If they were eligible, they'd obviously appear on this list and relatively high. With Mike McLeod, the Steelheads could have three players in the Top 30 of 2016 (of OHL guys).

On the other hand, the fact that the Steelheads have no other players on this list speaks volumes to the mismanagement of the franchise. From poor drafting (not finding players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds), to poor development (guys like Thomas Welsh, Jared Walsh, Jesse Barwell, Damian Bourne), to poor asset management (the Lodge trade this year).

How there have not been sweeping changes this offseason at every level is beyond me.

You and me both Brock :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad