My Final Top 50 OHL Players for the 2011 NHL Entry Draft

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Brock, as an Avs fan I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I want a real talent at no.2 and I'm 100% convinced that Avs are taking Lando.

But is Lando that elite talent? I get that he's complete but is he an elite NHL player in the making?

OR, would Avs be better suited going for Larsson (which won't happen anyway)?

LeafsKGM

Mar 20, 2011
That 31st ranking (among OHL players available) is definitely higher than I've seen him anywhere else. You are correct, he was not ranked by Central Scouting. But I know NHL scouts have been looking at him this season.

He was primarily only used as a 3rd/4th liner this year, but he was one of the better "checking line" players in the league IMO. When the Dogs had some injuries, he jumped up to play on the first line and looked great. Marty Williamson had said that he envisions Theoret on a scoring line, making a big impact next season (likely taking Jason Wilson's spot on Ryan Strome and Freddie Hamilton's line...or taking Darren Archibald's spot on Steve Shipley and Myles Doan's line). He's actually got very good hands for a big guy and is IMO a player currently being overlooked by a lot of scouting agencies. He has power forward potential. If Joseph Cramarossa can get attention (deservedly so) playing on Mississauga's 4th line, Theoret should be able to as well.

Thanks for all the info! playing with him a few years ago I know his skill and hands are underrated because of the powerforward style he plays with. Hope he makes it so i can say I played with him!

Madic

May 21, 2008
10. Boone Jenner
9. Matt Puempel
8. Brandon Saad
7. Nicklas Jensen
6. Alexander Khokhlachev
5. Mark Scheifele
4. Ryan Murphy
3. Dougie Hamilton
2. Ryan Strome
1. Gabriel Landeskog
Cheers. Interesting to see Saad/Khok/Jensen over Puempel. Particularly Saad, who seems to be plummeting after that unengaged second half. Should be a fun draft.

Last edited:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Brock, as an Avs fan I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I want a real talent at no.2 and I'm 100% convinced that Avs are taking Lando.

But is Lando that elite talent? I get that he's complete but is he an elite NHL player in the making?

OR, would Avs be better suited going for Larsson (which won't happen anyway)?

It really depends on your definition of "elite talent."

If you're looking for a guy who'll lead your team in scoring and win a Hart Trophy. That's not Landeskog.

But I think he has a chance to develop into an elite two way forward. Maybe a guy who can challenge for a Selke in the future and pot 30 goals, on top of wearing a letter. Every good team needs players like that.

For the Avs, I'm not sure you could wrong either way (with Larsson or Lando). Both fill what would appear to be a need. And both should be able to step in and contribute right away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad