GDT: My Final GDT: Maple Leafs (39-25-15) vs Lightning (39-30-10) | 7:30 PM EST | TSN4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
April 6 2017
Screen-Shot-2017-04-04-at-11-32-38-AM.png

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Tampa has to win in regulation or overtime correct?

If they beat us in a shootout it does them no good.

So lets pretend we are in overtime tonight. Anyone think Tampa would pull their goalie with 1 min left or so? They basically HAVE to bc, like I said, if it gets to a shootout they are eliminated from the playoffs.

That would be entertaining AF.

With the way the tiebreakers work
1 ROW
2 H2H
3 Goal Diff

TBL have to win in regulation to stay alive. As long as we take any point tonight, Tampa cannot overtake us without an 11 point swing in goal differential in the last two games.

This however does not eliminate the NYI if they beat Car. So we would not have clinched by just getting 1 point.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hopefully Boyle is good to go. They have looked so much better as a 4 line Team.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Biggest game of the year for sure

Biggest game I've been to in years

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I really want to go to OT this game, just to watch Tampa Bay pull their goalie in OT

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Maple Leafs can clinch a playoff berth with a win over Tampa

The turnaround, the rebuild, the reconstruction of the Toronto Maple Leafs -- whatever you want to call it -- has been remarkable.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/brea...ch-a-playoff-berth-with-a-win-over-tampa.html

By Kevin McGranSports Reporter
Thu., April 6, 2017

Ready to celebrate, Toronto?

The Toronto Maple Leafs can cap a terrific, ahead-of-schedule season with a win Thursday night against the clinging-for-life Tampa Bay Lightning.

The Bolts will have an ax to grind from a 5-0 loss to Toronto a few weeks ago that includes the fact the Leafs put out their top power play in the final minute of the game. A no-no under hockey's "code."

The Lightning have more to worry about. They have to go 3-0-0 to close the season to give themselves a chance.

The Leafs are in control of their destiny. One more win and the Leafs are in the playoffs. (There are other complicated ways, as well, including just getting a point from a shootout as long as the Islanders only get two wins in overtime or regulation (Islanders wins in shootouts are okay).

The turnaround, the rebuild, the reconstruction of the Toronto Maple Leafs -- whatever you want to call it -- has been remarkable.

The moment the teardown began -- essentially the firing of Randy Carlyle in January of 2014 -- the thinking was this could take a while.

It was a gimme last year that the Maple Leafs wouldn't make the playoffs. That was pretty much the thinking this year, too. They'd be better, but ...

No one thought they'd be this good. Maybe they did themselves. Players always think that. They go into every game thinking they're good enough to win.

This year, they have been.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
And Matthews gets his 40th on the easiest goal he'll ever score to win it.

That would lead to Jets fans complaining that Matthews never actually got 40.

Not because they believe it, but because not only is Matthews better at everything besides scoring than Laine, but he's also a better scorer than Laine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad