My Brother Dave by Paul Holmgren

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
can we get that article available without signing up?
I was able to read it. Perhaps your IP has been there too many times this month.

An all too common story about life. I'm still "young" but so much of life is in my rear view mirror, littered with regrets. I have nothing but first world problems, and while they seem important to me, other people have it worse.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Awesome article, as the poser above says it definitely puts things in perspective

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I was able to read it. Perhaps your IP has been there too many times this month.

An all too common story about life. I'm still "young" but so much of life is in my rear view mirror, littered with regrets. I have nothing but first world problems, and while they seem important to me, other people have it worse.

i opened it again and was able to read it. weird.

man that is a sad story.
damn onions.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Read it on the tram this afternoon... had to work hard not to shed a tear, and I am not exactly a very emotional person in general!

As someone with five siblings really hit something inside me.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Too much. Too much ****ing perspective.

Very sad and a touching tribute.

antman12

Nov 27, 2016
Very touching read. Having dealt with immediate lost it's amazing what memories small or large stick out so profoundly. I'll forever cheerish the (literally) thousands of hours driving to and from hockey practice with my dad. And the time I had to lie to my mom when he bought me my first one-piece(the original synergy haha).

I'm sure this was very therapeutic for Holmgren so I'm happy he had the opportunity to publish this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad