NHL Entry Draft: My 2019 NHL Mock Draft

MarAlain MongYeo

GostisBeHere Now
Oct 22, 2016
This is more of a regurgitation of other mock drafts/prospect rankings Ive read, definitely not an expert or informed opinion. That being said I believe ive read enough to take a stab at this. Something to chew on at least.

Here it goes

1. New Jersey- Jack Hughes- No surprises here, Jack Hughes has stayed the #1 prospect all year long.

2. NYR- Kaapo Kakko- Again, nothing fancy.

3. Chicago Blackhawks-Alex Turcotte- As I'm sure you've heard ad-nauseum, "the draft starts during pick 3. It's between Bowen Byram and Alex Turcotte, and seeing that Chicago is more in need of a future center, they go with Turcotte.

4. Colorado Avalanche- Bowen Byram- Colorado is in a similar position to Chicago where they are more in need of a center, but can't pass up on the opportunity to pass up on the consensus best player available.

5. Los Angeles Kings- Dylan Cozens- They like the big center right here, certainly fits the mold of an LA King

6. Detroit Red Wings- Trevor Zegras- Detroit takes who they believe is the BPA here with the most potential. Zegras seems like a boom or bust type, which Detroit can afford to take the chance on.

7. Buffalo Sabres- Kirby Dach- Depth down the C never hurt anybody

8. Edmonton Oilers- Cole Caufield- A center would be nice but Edmonton cant pass up the chance to give McDavid a pure goal scorer.

9. Anaheim Ducks- Moritz Seider- Our first real reach here, Anaheim needs to replenish their Defense prospects, and Seider has a lot of raw potential. Broberg could be an option here as well, but my gut says Anaheim goes with Seider.

10. Vancouver Canucks- Alex Newhook- They have a very good prospect system so they take a chance on what could be a great #2 behind Elias.

11. Pihiladelphia Flyers- Matthew Boldy- Pretty similar to Joel Farabee, a do it all winger with underrated skill and finesse. SOmewhat redundant for their system, but he's a great mix of floor and ceiling.

12. Minnesota Wild- Phillip Tomasino- Fenton seems like the type to ignore concensus rankings. Tomasino could provide electric offense for a team sorely lacking in that department.

13. Florida Panthers- Phillip Broberg- The temptation for Spencer Knight is strong here, but Florida jumps on the falling swede to bolster their D core.

14. Arizona Coyotes- Arhtur Kaliyev- If there was ever a team that needed a goal scorer, the Coyotes are that team.

15. Montreal Canadiens- Vasili Podkolzin- Even for a franchise who tends to shun russians, Montreal cant pass up on Podkolzin at #15.

16. Colorado Avalanche- Peyton Krebs- the temptation for Spencer Knight was real, but the need for a center was real too. Krebs' fall stops in the mile high city.

17. Vegas Golden Knights- Spencer Knight- If Vegas didnt take him here, I could have seen a team like Colorado or Florida trading back to get him.

18. Dallas Stars- Victor Soderstrom- Dallas cant say no to a good piece to pair with Heiskanen

19. Ottawa Senators- Ryan Suzuki- Potentially the best center available

20. New York Rangers- Cam York- Good way to round out their D core, they have plenty of picks so they can add to their wings and centers later.

21. Pittsburgh Penguins- Thomas Harley- The cupboard is pretty bare, so why not pick the d man with the best potential remaining?

22. LA Kings- Bobby Brink- Oozes potential, but questionable skating is his main drawback. But the Kings never relied on speed, so Brink is a good fit.

23. New York Islanders- Connor McMichael- Feels like a good fit in the Trotz system, has some speed and skill with a responsible two way game.

24. Nashville Predators- Nils Hoglander- Another good piece for the wings

25. Washington Capitals- Pavel Dorofyev- Theyve been building up the D pool recently, nows a good time to take a forward here.

26. Calgary Flames- Raphael LaVoie- Halifax forwards are pretty much money in the bank at this point, would be a steal at #26.

27. Tampa Bay Lightning- Samuel Poulin- Good all around winger, wont rock the boat in Tampa and should fit in well.

28. Carolina Hurricanes- Brett Leason- Carolina has a deep prospect pool, so why not take the guy who shouldnt take too long to prosper in the NHL?

29. Anaheim Ducks- Jakob Pelletier- Good scoring potential, something Anaheim is in short suply of at the moment.

30. Boston Bruins- Samuel Fagemo- To me this guy just seems like the prototypical Bruins pick. Not flashy, but will fill in an effective role at the NHL level.

31. Buffalo Sabres- Matthew Robertson- Teams love to take chances on big physical D man, cant hurt when you have two picks in the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad