Injury Report: Muzzin

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
GM’s fault for acquiring an older player with a bad back. I am not surprised that such a player misses two of the last three playoffs.

Dubas’ head should be the first to roll if they don’t make the conference finals.
I initially thought that Dubas was one of those smart, young, analytics based general managers. Then he traded a second round choice for Plekanec. We, Montreal fans, couldn't believe any competent general manager would trade any asset of value for a player, who even Helen Keller could see, was Staal-like spent. Not quite as bad as Courtnall for Kordic, but bad. Bergevin bad. How do these morons get hired? More puzzling, how do they keep their jobs. Who ever wins tonight will have great trouble against a rested Winnipeg team, and will be embarrassed if they somehow, improbably, advance to the next round after that. Talk about a pyrrhic victory.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
I initially thought that Dubas was one of those smart, young, analytics based general managers. Then he traded a second round choice for Plekanec. We, Montreal fans, couldn't believe any competent general manager would trade any asset of value for a player, who even Helen Keller could see, was Staal-like spent. Not quite as bad as Courtnall for Kordic, but bad. Bergevin bad. How do these morons get hired? More puzzling, how do they keep their jobs. Who ever wins tonight will have great trouble against a rested Winnipeg team, and will be embarrassed if they somehow, improbably, advance to the next round after that. Talk about a pyrrhic victory.

That was Lou who traded for Plekanec.

93WrapAround

Jul 4, 2018
Just heard on radio, out for 3 weeks, I assume it’s accurate.

Sounds about right from even the look of it. I reacted right away before they went to commercial break and we saw him going off - my girlfriend didn't understand but i've watched sports long enough to identify that no-contact reaction. Sigh. That being said, I have no idea how these things happen - guy was skating fine to the puck and then pulled up limp. Hydration or tightness issue? No idea, just sucks.

Reactions: HabstuckinTO

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Here’s the issue when you acquire older battle tested experienced defencemen, d men become more injury prone as they age. It’s not a coincidence that the leafs get a more injury prone d man in muzzin than LA. It’s why I had my reservations about the leafs keeping muzzin.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
This thread was last open in May of 2021.

I don't think this particular injury report is particularly relevant.

While I agree, I didn’t see a Muzzin injury thread open, so used this older existing thread to see if any reports/updates on Muzzin’s current injury

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

There is A LOT you can be critical of Dubas for but that was Lou

Reactions: zeke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad