Mutant League Hockey (Sega Genesis)

Mar 12, 2009
Has anyone played this game? I just got it today and I must say it is pretty interesting. It is a hockey game using the NHL 94 engine but replaces NHLers with various types of mutants. Obstacles like thin ice breaking and dropping players into holes for the rest of the period and sharks swimming under the ice make for a very different type of "hockey" experience. You can hit opposing players with weapons such as a mace with and without the puck. It's on the pricey side for a Sega game, but if you can find it cheap, I'd recommend it. Haven't played a ton of it yet, but it definitely seems very cool so far...an 8-12 year old me would have LOVED this game if I'd had it back in the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFi-hbz_qw0 Here is a review from a youtuber whose video's I watch a lot of.

Last edited:

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Has anyone played this game? I just got it today and I must say it is pretty interesting. It is a hockey game using the NHL 94 engine but replaces NHLers with various types of mutants. Obstacles like thin ice breaking and dropping players into holes for the rest of the period and sharks swimming under the ice make for a very different type of "hockey" experience. You can hit opposing players with weapons such as a mace with and without the puck. It's on the pricey side for a Sega game, but if you can find it cheap, I'd recommend it. Haven't played a ton of it yet, but it definitely seems very cool so far...an 8-12 year old me would have LOVED this game if I'd had it back in the day.

Loved it back in the day. Also loved Mutant League Football.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Earlier this morning I was searching for Mutant League Hockey in the forum. I was surprised to find so few references. Game is a classic (as is the predecessor Mutant League Football). This was a frequent rental as a kid until I snagged my own copy from a used games rack at K-Mart. Bumping this thread from '15 to see if I can lure any other fans of this game. Odds are I spent more time playing this than any other as a kid.

Obviously, it's not as popular as I would have thought as there's not much traction here and not as much online as I'd find for other games. I'd love to find this on an emulator. Anyone know if it's available to download on PS4 or XBox?

Reactions: JLaw1719

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Earlier this morning I was searching for Mutant League Hockey in the forum. I was surprised to find so few references. Game is a classic (as is the predecessor Mutant League Football). This was a frequent rental as a kid until I snagged my own copy from a used games rack at K-Mart. Bumping this thread from '15 to see if I can lure any other fans of this game. Odds are I spent more time playing this than any other as a kid.

Obviously, it's not as popular as I would have thought as there's not much traction here and not as much online as I'd find for other games. I'd love to find this on an emulator. Anyone know if it's available to download on PS4 or XBox?

I loved this game as a kid as well. Other than getting a Sega and a copy of it, emulation is probably the way to go. It’s not available to download as far as I know on either platform. They did some sort of revamp with Mutant League Football that released about a year ago. It looked pretty decent but I don’t know if it retains that feel. Would love to play MLH again though.

Reactions: Bondurant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad