Speculation: Musical (Press Box) Chairs

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
With the Panthers being relatively healthy this year, Gallant has been forced to healthy scratch players a lot. The odd time a players sits due to a nagging injury, but for the most part if your not performing the previous game, you don't play the next.

So far this year we've seen the guilty: Bergy, Kopecky, Thorton, Upshall, Trocheck (sent down now, where he belongs), Pirri (for the most part he wasn't all there from being concussed), Hayes, Flash, etc..

I have got a few of Gallant's past scratches right. Hayes was invisible the game before he was scratched, being sat a lot of the 3rd. Didn't think Thorton played very well against the Rags either before he was scratched last night.

So what do you make of this carousal of non-productiveness? I know there are other players on the team us fans would like to see take a seat (i.e. Jokinen). Who do you think will be the next players to sit?

I thought Flash played well last game, as with Upshall. I can see Thorton sitting again, but I'm not sure who will be the second scratch. As much as I'd like to see Jokinen sit, I doubt this happens, as he keeps getting rewarded with lots of ice time. I think Bergy is a player we need to get into the lineup. I guess I'd sit Upshall. I would like to see a Bergy - MacK - Kopecky 4th line.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
I don't agree with JJ being sat, I'm not exactly sure what those of you, who feel he should be scratched, are expecting from JJ, but he will never be this superstar you're expecting. He's a good two way player and he's doing just fine.

We wouldn't have musical chairs if Kopy, Flash, Bergy and Upshall didnt suck. Once this season is over, it ends. The youth movement begins.

Bolland would benefit from a good benching though. I'm afraid of how many 3rd liners are going to demand $5.5 mil a year because Mr. Character got it?

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Tough to make changes after a win. I'm against it anyway. but I like Bergy back in the line- up. but don't know to sit. Probably Upshall, but he brought energy last night too.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
I don't agree with JJ being sat, I'm not exactly sure what those of you, who feel he should be scratched, are expecting from JJ, but he will never be this superstar you're expecting. He's a good two way player and he's doing just fine.

We wouldn't have musical chairs if Kopy, Flash, Bergy and Upshall didnt suck. Once this season is over, it ends. The youth movement begins.

Bolland would benefit from a good benching though. I'm afraid of how many 3rd liners are going to demand $5.5 mil a year because Mr. Character got it?

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

And agree with others, to be fair, Bolland has looked better somewhat these last few.

Last edited:

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

JJ has been invisible for far too many games this year. I like more in your face, infront of the net players type players like Bergy.

Also thought the Bolland line as a whole played real well last night.

Big Bjugs

Amat Victoria Curam
Jan 9, 2013
Canada Eh
JJ has been invisible for far too many games this year. I like more in your face, infront of the net players type players like Bergy.

Also thought the Bolland line as a whole played real well last night.

You say JJ and I say Bolland. One thing I can guarantee is neither of those guys will be benched. Based on contract. Which is why we are seeing the UFA's duke it out.

EDIT: I will give you this, the Bolland line has looked good the past few games.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
My biggest gripe about Jokinen is that he has been a momentum killer more than momentum builder or even sustainer.

Dumb offensive zone passes and to much puck sticking to me.

in the defensive zone, he tries to poke check more than body check

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
All of you Bolland haters are going to feast on crow whenever we make the playoffs

lol why? cuz bolland was the one taking charge and lead us there? no
if we make the playoffs it's because barkov, bjugstad & all of those guys ampes it up offensively, our defence gets back in the game and luo becomes his old self again.
not because of bolland.

also: mackenzie > bolland

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
My biggest gripe about Jokinen is that he has been a momentum killer more than momentum builder or even sustainer.

Dumb offensive zone passes and to much puck sticking to me.

in the defensive zone, he tries to poke check more than body check
This. Plus the old, 2 feet within the defensive blue line back pass. Can't stand that.

BeezKnees

Jun 4, 2010
Orlando, FL
lol why? cuz bolland was the one taking charge and lead us there? no
if we make the playoffs it's because barkov, bjugstad & all of those guys ampes it up offensively, our defence gets back in the game and luo becomes his old self again.
not because of bolland.

also: mackenzie > bolland

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's putting the team on his back by any means...I meant he will shine in the playoffs (be it this year or not ), and I believe attitudes about his value will change

spacemanatee

May 18, 2014
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he's putting the team on his back by any means...I meant he will shine in the playoffs (be it this year or not ), and I believe attitudes about his value will change

oh ok i thought you meant that he would carry us to the playoffs. ;)
we'll see soon enough if he's a playoff-gamebreaker. me myself doubt it but i hope i'm wrong.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
I'm assuming Pirri's out Thursday and the rest of the lineup stays the same from the big Ducks win.

Who's in, Upshall or Kopecky?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad