OT: Music Sharing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Rob Zombies Hellbilly deluxe came out when I was 11. It was actually the first album/cd I ever saved up some allowance money to be able to go buy it. It was a beautiful gateway album that put me on track to becoming a metal head

This was my first album Not sure what happened to me since. ;)

3sq1isa.jpg

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Lol was it drugs? I'm detecting drug use lol

I got it for my 8th b-day. That album was released in 1977. So no drugs involved. Got into Kiss in '79. Never looked back. Still like a lot of the tunes on that BCR greatest hits album though.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not mind melting at all, and a bit embarrassing considering what garbage they put out later, but this would be one of my first albums. By the time they put out Mr. Roboto I HATED them. One could hear some sounds of suck emanating even from this album even though they were considered hard rock at the time. Album sure hasn't aged well, lot of cringe moments that I loved this.

At the time BOC, Sabbath, Queen, Golden Earring, Max Webster, Alice Cooper, Nazareth, April Wine (Whole world is going crazy) were some other choices. Mostly I was just able to listen to my older Bros decent record collection.

This classic album aged better. Every track solid, still sounds good. more cowbell than even BOC though. haha

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
First single for me was Ray Charles "I can't stop loving you". Great blues track by the master, a corny though with the backup singers.

First album was Rolling Stones "Through the Past Darkly", a hexagonal gem.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Was watching BangerTV's Cassette Cult Tape reviews and the hostess was doing it on Cirith Ungol. I guess these guys started in the early 70's. Some of you might catch a few noteworthy musical references from other bands in around that time. First is from their 1980 debut. 2nd is their latest release from the recently released album Forever Black. This is the first time I've heard them myself.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I love the RHCP...it's always been hilarious how uncanny Chad Smith and Wil Ferrell resemble each other. This "drum off" between the two on Fallon a few years back is pretty entertaining. The ending will bring back some SNL memories.

Reactions: Dorian2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad