Rumor: Music and sending to an unsafe site

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Are you viewing on a mobile device? When I access HF Boards on mobile I always get spammed and sent to spam websites.
nope. a laptop. The ad continually plays even when the sound is turned off and if you hit pause it immediately comes on again. I think the problem is solved by hitting the white arrow in the ads picture

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
nope. a laptop. The ad continually plays even when the sound is turned off and if you hit pause it immediately comes on again. I think the problem is solved by hitting the white arrow in the ads picture

Do you use ad blockers? I have great success with this site (and everything else) on my laptop when running an ad blocker.

Have yet to cure the mobile issues. This is the only website I have this problem with.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I have limited ad blocker. I agree that I have problems with mobile at this site but never before on my laptop.
Do you use ad blockers? I have great success with this site (and everything else) on my laptop when running an ad blocker.

Have yet to cure the mobile issues. This is the only website I have this problem with.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
I surf the web on the Adblock Browser on my Android and I don't have any issues. I use full Adblock on my laptop without any issues. basically, use Adblock or some sort of script killer. Not sure why you're having so many intrusive issues of those sorts on your laptop, even with limited blocking.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
The parent company of this site has used an ad network that definitely had some very aggressive ads that completely derailed my browsing before. Their official stance on the matter is that it was based on MY web habits and my mobile phone, of course I had the exact same issues persist after using a completely new phone with a clear cache and in incognito mode. So you know... It's the ad network. And it was only ever this site.

If I were going to shill for the company, I would tell you to purchase a sponsorship to remove ads. But honestly since I had such an awful experience with their ads, that feels like holding someone hostage. "Pay us or deal with garbage."

I'd recommend uBlock Origin for Chrome on desktop. It's very aggressive in what it does and has no external play to mine your data. If anything I need to dial it back on some sites, which I'd prefer to the alternative.

On mobile, if you're on Android, Brave browser is a nice, reputable alternative if you're comfortable with Chrome. It's basically the same thing with ad blocking.

I've had less issues with this site lately, but I've experienced what you did in the past, aired my grievances to the powers that be, got mostly nowhere, and now block everything in sight.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Are you viewing on a mobile device? When I access HF Boards on mobile I always get spammed and sent to spam websites.

That's the reason Ive stopped using this site on mobile. I used to have a good adblocker on my phone but it has stopped working and now its unusable.

I guess ill try what bench suggested

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
well, I've had it. I am not coming back until the music stops
Fair enough. I wouldn't mind the terrible ads so much if they'd stop asking me to turn off my adblock to support HFboards. I'd consider turning it off but you've made the site unusable without it, come on

ScubaV

Mar 8, 2014
I used to just use Chrome on mobile which doesn't allow adblock, but hfboards is what got me motivated to switch to Firefox on my phone and install ublock origin. The ads on this site are cancer on mobile and I feel no remorse not supporting it.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Huh I’ve never had any issues on this site on my iPhone. Probably just jinxed myself though.

I have had some weird pop up ads with my phone. If I was typing something, it would force me out of my keyboard and jerk the scree; naturally with it being on a touchscreen phone, it happens so suddenly that I ended up clicking on some stupid advertisement and venturing off to some cancerous website. This was through Safari, and I've since downloaded a free version of AdGuard that has stopped all ads from showing up.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
when-someone-asks-you-what-limewire-is-gather-round-kids-37677982.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad