Salary Cap: Murray on LTIR. Room for call-ups? (Call-up discussion.)

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
With Murray now on LTIR, he has to stay on LTIR for 10 games and 24 days. This opens up some significant cap room.

Kallgren has already been recalled. I'm wondering if we'll see Robertson and Mete called up tomorrow? Malgin/Robertson can rotate and Mete allows us to carry an extra D.

I believe there is a California road trip coming up soon so having some extra bodies would be a good thing.

Reactions: kb

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
With Murray now on LTIR, he has to stay on LTIR for 10 games and 24 days. This opens up some significant cap room.

Kallgren has already been recalled. I'm wondering if we'll see Robertson and Mete called up tomorrow? Malgin/Robertson can rotate and Mete allows us to carry an extra D.

I believe there is a California road trip coming up soon so having some extra bodies would be a good thing.

It almost seems on purpose

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
No need for any rushed trade..and I'd expect Robertson may get some time now.

Sucks that he's injured, but does give the team a.bit more flexibility

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Enough space to fill up the 23 man roster.
My guess would be Mets, Robertson, and Simmonds.

But they may not call up Robertson if they don’t see him playing. I’d rather he be the man for the Marlies than sit in the press box in the NHL

Reactions: supermann_98

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022

I created a first call up thread right under your nose.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Feel for Murray but am not surprised given his injury history.

Also I wasn’t entirely confident in his ability to be a solution in net so at least we don’t have to endure a trial period.

But now Dubas is stuck with riding Samsonov and hoping he’s the answer

Murray was a bad idea dubas

cupcrazyman2

Jul 13, 2022

INJURIES: 9
CURRENT CAP SPACE
Tooltip
: $3,937,500

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Feel for Murray but am not surprised given his injury history.

Also I wasn’t entirely confident in his ability to be a solution in net so at least we don’t have to endure a trial period.

But now Dubas is stuck with riding Samsonov and hoping he’s the answer

Murray was a bad idea dubas

Isn't this injury unrelated to his usual injuries (head), and this post is just nonsense? It'd make sense to say something like this about another concussion, but this seems like more a fluke than a re-occurance.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
If possible, call up players that don’t need to clear waivers when Liljegren returns so he won’t have to go on a “conditioning“ stint

Reactions: saffronleaf

kb

Aug 28, 2009
If possible, call up players that don’t need to clear waivers when Liljegren returns so he won’t have to go on a “conditioning“ stint
Definitely understand your reasoning, but the Leafs don't have to worry about that. All those players just cleared waivers 5 days ago. And unless they stay up for 30 days, they don't need to clear waivers again.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Bring up Robertson, Mete and Gaudette. No need to send anyone down. Rotate them in as needed.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Definitely understand your reasoning, but the Leafs don't have to worry about that. All those players just cleared waivers 5 days ago. And unless they stay up for 30 days, they don't need to clear waivers again.
Isnt that only for emergency recall? If not, then yeah, it doesn’t matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad