Celebrity Death: Muhammad Ali, 74

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
He was one of the reasons I got into boxing, and one of the few who truly deserves the GOAT designation. This has been a terrible year for icons.
:(

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
Yup just saw it come across the wire. 2016 has been a monster in multiple ways. RIP to the best ever.

"Float like a buttafly, sting like a bee."

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Just heartbroken. I was talking to my family and friends earlier today raising the possibility that he may die when news came out that his family was flying in and gathering around his bedside.

Have watched his fights a thousand times, they never get old. An amazing fighter, an extraordinary human being... there will never be another like him. Rest In Peace, Muhammad Ali. You are and will forever be the greatest.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
A true legend is gone. He had all the sports glory, but he arguably made an even bigger impact when he wasn't using his gloves. Showed people that one must fight for what one believes in, even if everyone else hates you for it. Moreover, he had a way with words that transcended his boxing persona. He showed people how smart he was and he wasn't your typical dumb jock boxers that people seem to perceive. Muhammad Ali was an intellectual and a great boxer, and more importantly, a great human being.

RIP to the greatest.

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't even know what to say, I'm just stunned. He was such a huge part of my growing up in the '60s and '70s. He truly shook up the world.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The most driven and competitive man I've ever seen. He wanted to be the best in the world and the best of all time, so he became the best.

An incredibly confident man, he simply had no doubt in his worth and he was able to progress through life because he had no mental barrier hindering him.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I figured once they said that his family was being gathered at his bedside this afternoon that he wouldn't make it through the weekend.

Shame. One of the few guys who was the undisputed GOAT in his sport, and a major icon for American culture as he transcended the sport of boxing.

His name shall live on though thankfully.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Man, I'll be honest I got choked up 1 time when a celebrity passed, when the voice of Caillou passed just because of how I used to watch it with my mom everyday

This one got me

A great man, wish I had 0.0001% of his courage

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
He really was great.
But I remember always wanting to see him lose.
Too arrogant, too boastful, too full of himself for my liking.
Hated the Rope-A-Dope.
That's how it was with him, though. You loved him or you hated him. Either way, you damn sure knew who he was.
He was a great boxer.
RIP

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I was a Foreman fan, but it was certainly Ali who made the sport bigger than life in the late 60s and 1970s.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Deeply saddened to hear this. He was a real hero to me.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
The only thing that dwarfs his career, is what he gave back to the world through humanitarian causes. The world lost a wonderful human being. RIP Champ:(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad