Recalled/Assigned: Mueller Assigned to the 'Pack' 11/6

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
If they aren't being played, then this is the right move.

Maineice11

Dec 7, 2006
Maine
wow, i'm a bit shocked, but not completely. I would rather have Fast playing over Glass, who in my opinion has been a waste of a roster space, and Miller just has not looked real good in the regular season, Hayes appears to have passed him.

I would guess that this means Mueller will play center, maybe on the 4th line, then you have Hayes, Brass, and Moore as the other centers for the top 3 lines. We will see how Mueller does with this chance.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
wow, i'm a bit shocked, but not completely. I would rather have Fast playing over Glass, who in my opinion has been a waste of a roster space, and Miller just has not looked real good in the regular season, Hayes appears to have passed him.

I would guess that this means Mueller will play center, maybe on the 4th line, then you have Hayes, Brass, and Moore as the other centers for the top 3 lines. We will see how Mueller does with this chance.
Yeah, I'm hoping this means the end of the MSL at center experiment.

Magic Matt

Sep 15, 2014
Miller was a major disappointment. He had the shot but did not get it done. Hayes has played much better.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Disappointed with Miller. He's still very young, but I liked his game in the preseason. Didn't do much in his opportunity.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Disappointed with Miller. He's still very young, but I liked his game in the preseason. Didn't do much in his opportunity.

It's really hard to tell what preseason play will translate in to.

I still think Lindberg is the best all around Center down in Hartford, eventually he'll get his turn.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Never been so pissed to be right. Really wanted more out of JT. Still young, hopefully this is his Kreider year and he puts it together. 21 is too young to give up on anyone.

I love Mueller coming up because it probably means we're done with MSL down the middle.

Hayes - Brassard - Moore/Mueller - Mueller/Moore

Not that attractive. Probably a 5 game extended tryout for Hayes and Mueller.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I think Fast could have a role on the 4th line right now, but rather he play in the AHL if AV isn't going to play him.

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Never been so pissed to be right. Really wanted more out of JT. Still young, hopefully this is his Kreider year and he puts it together. 21 is too young to give up on anyone.

I love Mueller coming up because it probably means we're done with MSL down the middle.

Hayes - Brassard - Moore/Mueller - Mueller/Moore

Not that attractive. Probably a 5 game extended tryout for Hayes and Mueller.

I really hope AV gives the Nash-Hayes-MSL combo a longer look, they were strong in the 3rd last night.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
It's the right move. No sense in letting them sit in the press box when they need to be playing every night. While Fast is right on the cusp, Miller kinda squandered his opportunity and Hayes outplayed him considerably.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Mueller's a vet center and can probably handle a 3rd or 4th line center spot. Moore's moves up a bit maybe. Probably's going to help us with the face-offs. These moves will no doubt make it easier to decide on line combinations not that we can put St. Louis back on the wing. Hayes has been better than Miller.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
CAPGEEK.COM ARMCHAIR GM ROSTER
CapGeek Armchair GM Roster
FORWARDS
Chris Kreider ($2.475m) / Kevin Hayes ($0.900m) / Rick Nash ($7.800m)
Anthony Duclair ($0.773m) / Derick Brassard ($5.000m) / Mats Zuccarello ($3.500m)
Carl Hagelin ($2.250m) / Dominic Moore ($1.500m) / Martin St. Louis ($5.625m)
Tanner Glass ($1.450m) / Chris Mueller ($0.600m) / Lee Stempniak ($0.900m)
Ryan Malone ($0.700m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Ryan McDonagh ($4.700m) / Dan Girardi ($5.500m)
Marc Staal ($3.975m) / Dan Boyle ($4.500m)
John Moore ($0.851m) / Kevin Klein ($2.900m)
Matt Hunwick ($0.600m) /
GOALTENDERS
Henrik Lundqvist ($8.500m)
Cameron Talbot ($0.563m)
BUYOUTS
Wade Redden ($0.000m)
Brad Richards ($0.000m)
LTIR
Derek Stepan ($3.075m)
BONUS OVERAGE
NaN
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(estimations for 2014-15 crunched using simulation date of 2015-03-03)
SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; BONUSES: $2,971,667
CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $3,441,297

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
If MSL is out at center and Mueller is in, then a winger has to come out. So the question is whether it's Duclair, Malone, or Glass IMO

Malone probably stays since he's been alright in his couple of games. So between Glass and Duclair...makes no sense to sit Duclair and not play him and I'm not sure it's time to send him back yet either, so logically I'd love it if they sat Glass. But Glass is used on the PK so that might be a point in his favor

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
J.T. Miller succeeds at screwing up what was at one point an almost certainty.

Impressive.

I still don't think he has anything left to learn in Hartford, but he needs to be playing so what can ya do really.

ThisYearsModel

Mar 4, 2004
IMO, JT Miller will be an NHL player.....in another organization. Just like Torts was the wring coach for Zucc, AV is the wrong coach for Miller. Here's hoping he tears up the AHL and increases his trade value. Fast is fast....that's about it. He is redundant as long as the Rangers have Hagelin. Hayes looks good so far, and that could bode well for the future. When Stepan returns, he, Brassard, Hayes and Moore could be a decent center platoon. As Hayes develops, perhaps he moves up. If Miller fits, it could be a a replacement for Glass. Problem is the big contract they gave to Glass. Miller is looking a lot like trade bait right now.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
IMO, JT Miller will be an NHL player.....in another organization. Just like Torts was the wring coach for Zucc, AV is the wrong coach for Miller. Here's hoping he tears up the AHL and increases his trade value. Fast is fast....that's about it. He is redundant as long as the Rangers have Hagelin. Hayes looks good so far, and that could bode well for the future. When Stepan returns, he, Brassard, Hayes and Moore could be a decent center platoon. As Hayes develops, perhaps he moves up. If Miller fits, it could be a a replacement for Glass. Problem is the big contract they gave to Glass. Miller is looking a lot like trade bait right now.

realistically, what is Miller worth in a trade?

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
This was the right move. JT "hot wet trash" :)laugh:) Miller appears to be playing his way into a permanent AHL role. Hopefully Mueller can make an impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad