Proposal: MTL's 3OA (+ Pacioretty) for a Center

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Here's the deal:

Habs are willing to trade the 3rd overall pick this year and maybe Pacioretty too. What is the best center that could come our way? Tavares is just a pipe dream, and MTL needs desperate help (their best center right now is Danault :facepalm:).

This draft isn't good for centers (Kotkaniemi is projected as top-6, but with the Habs trying to contend with Price/Weber, they might just want a solid center to kick in right away).

Go ahead & make your best offer.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Yeah doubt any team will part with their 1C center for essentially two wingers (one who will be a rookie and another a soon to be UFA).

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Zadina + a year of Patches probably isnt getting you the type of 1C you are expecting.

ROR for pick 3
Carter for Patches + pick 35

this is the type of deals MB could make to try to save his job..but they need to keep the picks and rebuild
maybe try to milk a 2nd out of detroit/vancouver and move back to take kotkaniemi

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Zadina + a year of Patches probably isnt getting you the type of 1C you are expecting.

ROR for pick 3

this is the type of deals MB could make to try to save his job..but they need to keep the picks and rebuild
maybe try to milk a 2nd out of detroit/vancouver and move back to take kotkaniemi

Zadina will were very good in offensive in Maple Leafs.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
ROR for pick 3

That Carter deal seems very lopsided for us.

To be honest, if we could get Reinhart thrown into the ROR deal (obviously Habs add too) I would be behind that one 110% --- then we trade for Duclair....

Drouin/Carter/Gallagher
Lehkonen/ROR/Scherbak
Domi/Reinhart/Duclair
Hudon/Danault/Byron

or we draft Zadina and offer Tavares a fat 88/7 + trade for Duclair

Drouin/Tavares/Gallagher
Zadina/Carter/Lehkonen
Domi/Danault/Duclair
Byron/Hudon/Scherbak
Deslauriers

At the end of the day I would take that Carter deal in a heartbeat.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006

ROR for pick 3

Hell nosies to the Carts trade

Reactions: go4hockey

KingsOfCali25

Start up the Bandwagon!
Feb 21, 2013
Santa Clarita, CA

ROR for pick 3

That trade doesn't get you Carter. It's not even close.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Similar point production and Max is 4 years younger. With an early 2nd round pick, tell me why that is "not even close?"

Jeff Carter is signed for 4 more years at a very doable caphit with greatly declining real dollars owed, plays a more important position (you know, that center you've all been looking for?), and was a key part of 2 cups wins.

McCoy

Jun 11, 2018
Jeff Carter is signed for 4 more years at a very doable caphit with greatly declining real dollars owed, plays a more important position (you know, that center you've all been looking for?), and was a key part of 2 cups wins.

So Jeff have 2 Title in SC I didn't know.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
That Carter deal seems very lopsided for us.

To be honest, if we could get Reinhart thrown into the ROR deal (obviously Habs add too) I would be behind that one 110% --- then we trade for Duclair....

Drouin/Carter/Gallagher
Lehkonen/ROR/Scherbak
Domi/Reinhart/Duclair
Hudon/Danault/Byron

or we draft Zadina and offer Tavares a fat 88/7 + trade for Duclair

Drouin/Tavares/Gallagher
Zadina/Carter/Lehkonen
Domi/Danault/Duclair
Byron/Hudon/Scherbak
Deslauriers

At the end of the day I would take that Carter deal in a heartbeat.

OMG . Montreal offers just keep getting worst . Now you want 2 C for the 3rd oa . ROR and Reinhart . Also you want Carter for a soon to be UFA and a 2nd . Enjoy zero centres this year

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
The bottom line is...no team that has a top Center "worth" a 3rd Overall + Pacioretty package, would actually trade that center away, unless there's some serious mitigating factor. If a team has the sort of competitive top-line capable center (with many years left on their career) MTL would want, they're going to want to keep them for themselves and build up depth down the middle, far more than they're going to be interested in moving them for a top-line winger and a nice magic bean.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Like I've said before :

it doesn't make sense to trade the 3rd overall pick and Pacioretty together.

What kind of team wants a soon UFA and an 18 years old unproven prospect?

Usually teams that are rebuilding are looking for prospect and not for soon UFA players.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Here's the deal:

Habs are willing to trade the 3rd overall pick this year and maybe Pacioretty too. What is the best center that could come our way? Tavares is just a pipe dream, and MTL needs desperate help (their best center right now is Danault :facepalm:).

This draft isn't good for centers (Kotkaniemi is projected as top-6, but with the Habs trying to contend with Price/Weber, they might just want a solid center to kick in right away).

Go ahead & make your best offer.
Could probably get Carter

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Like I've said before :

it doesn't make sense to trade the 3rd overall pick and Pacioretty together.

What kind of team wants a soon UFA and an 18 years old unproven prospect?

Usually teams that are rebuilding are looking for prospect and not for soon UFA players.
Team patches goes to could trade him for picks at the deadline

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad