GDT: MTL VS CAPS at 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
12 giveaways and 0/6 on powerplay. All around, not a great game. But it's only pre-season. Galchenyuk looked great offensively but still needs work on defense. PAP and Tinordi had a rough game. Price was amazing.

Remember this is preseason, so there's not much to take out of this game aside from maybe the systems the Habs will use. And I'm not a fan of how much we used the dump and chase, or the lack of effectiveness of our powerplay.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well sorry HF.....but that experiment wasn't conclusive and Therrien will try it during 1 CONSECUTIVE game....Chuckie the winger for 1 more year....unfortunately.

I don't know. It's pretty clear that Galy is better suited to play center. The room he has in the middle gives him a lot more speed and creative options. I'm impressed by how well he's taking it to his advantage after just 3 preseason games.

DD needs to be on the wing.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Classic Trotz-type of game. I like the way the Habs played in the 3rd.

Sekac didn't look out of place, even if he was a little more quiet.

Thomas didn't look as explosive. Quiet night. Had trouble doing much.

Tinordi was up and down. Huge hit.

Galchenyuk, no points, but he looked really really good. His line generating some good chances. People will look at the score and assume nothing happened.

That takes care of the young guys.

I know he's a vet, but coming on a new club, I want PAP to show a little more intensity to show us that the Habs made the right choice. Not a big deal, just how I feel.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Isn't that what pre-season games are for -- Galchenyuk will make mistakes, it's all about the process. He was great on faceoffs tonight, winning 7 out of 10 draws.

And for some reason ... they gave him the third star. :laugh:

Apr 28, 2010
We still need Desharnais. Not sure why people would want to put more pressure on Chuckie. He looked good though.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Well, Lacroix said that from now on, the team will be focusing on installing the team system. If that game was an indication, it will again be 'rely on Price', 'we are a grinding team', 'dump and chase past the blue line' - type of hockey.

Décidément, ce coach me tombe sur les rognons.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Well, Lacroix said that from now on, the team will be focusing on installing the team system. If that game was an indication, it will again be 'rely on Price', 'we are a grinding team', 'dump and chase past the blue line' - type of hockey.

Décidément, ce coach me tombe sur les rognons.

So you're annoyed by the coach after 1 game?

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
So you're annoyed by the coach after 1 game?

I hate that coach, to be honest, Pierre. Just don't like the guy, never liked him in juniors, thought he was a goon coach (the way he coached against my Piques), and still think he just doesn't know how to be an effective systems coach.

Listen, if they are now trying to implement the system (per Dan Lacroix), all I saw tonight was 'dump and chase' galore. Puck possession it wasn't. And I believe that dump and chase is very passé in today's hockey. If that's what he wants, then I think we will see those types of 30 shots against 20 games very much. And rely on our superstar back there all the time.à

Like last year.

Not a fan.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Remember this is preseason, so there's not much to take out of this game aside from maybe the systems the Habs will use. And I'm not a fan of how much we used the dump and chase, or the lack of effectiveness of our powerplay.

And this is my only area of concern. Hard to read too much from a game like this, but the coaching...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad