Proposal: MTL & UTAH

Grinner

May 31, 2022
As a Sharks fan. And a fan who wanted the Sharks to pick Guenther over Ekland. There would be no way I'd trade Celebrini for Guenther. Now, if Celebrini were to pull a Lin dros on the Sharks. I'd trade the 1OA for Guenther and thier 2024 1st

Alikhan Alizada

Jul 16, 2017
So... The Habs speed up their rebuild while Utah continues the rebuild forever.

Add Beck and Roy and it becomes closer but even then I don't know if Utah says yes.

Roy would be a 1st round pick in a 2021 redraft and most likely so would beck so you're saying Guenter is worth a 5th overall + 2 1st rounders yeah right. Delusions of grandeur.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Roy would be a 1st round pick in a 2021 redraft and most likely so would beck so you're saying Guenter is worth a 5th overall + 2 1st rounders yeah right. Delusions of grandeur.
37 out of the 149 picked before Roy have played at least one game in the NHL.

Feel like acknowledging that some of those players who haven't played might end up being better then Beck and Roy?

archangel2

May 19, 2019
5TH overall pick this year for Dylan Guenter.

Would Arizona do it?

Dylan Guenter looks like a future star I my eyes and has produced very well in his first 78 games in the nhl(50 points) and Arizona could select a high end D with Habs pick.

Trying to see the value here I would be willing to add a little from mtl side.
Utah already has lots of picks. They 7 picks in the first 3 rounds. They will be trading picks to add immediate help

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Really it comes down to a matter of opinions here. Read above, explains where im coming from.
I understand where you're coming from, but at some point the value is just too good to pass up.

Reactions: SR

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Says the guy who wouldn’t trade Guenther for Celebrini…. what are you smoking?
You are wrong. I wouldn't trade Guenther for Celebrini myself. You don't understand how good Guenther is.

So... The Habs speed up their rebuild while Utah continues the rebuild forever.

Add Beck and Roy and it becomes closer but even then I don't know if Utah says yes.
That would be too much for the Habs but I don't see why Utah would go for volume.

Reactions: Xirik

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
You're the one making it up as you go along
Don't know anything about players do you. Beck was the 1st pick in the 2nd round (might as well be a 1st). Roy will likely end up as early to mid round 2nd in value for his draft. Again Utah doesn't need draft picks or multiple players so they wouldn't do it but it is good value.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Don't know anything about players do you. Beck was the 1st pick in the 2nd round (might as well be a 1st). Roy will likely end up as early to mid round 2nd in value for his draft. Again Utah doesn't need draft picks or multiple players so they wouldn't do it but it is good value.
Yes I know who Beck is and where he was drafted. I was pissed he was selected right before the Sharks pick .
Using terms such as Might as well and likely is what?
I'm not sure I commented on value.
Only on reality and snark

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
I wouldn’t. Guenther and his potential isn’t worth a gamble. He’s already shown he can score in this league. Plays the right way and hasn’t even put in a full year.

This forward draft class is weak. Celebrini plays the more prominent position, but Guenther is already established at a very young age.
Absolutely horrendous take.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Utah has Keller (25), Crouse (26), Maccelli (22), Cooley (19), Guenther (20), and Moser (23) as a solid young core already.They already have Simashev/But/Geekie waiting in the wings. It's a step backwards if they trade Guenther for an 18 year old that probably needs 2-3 years to reach a good level of production (see: Hughes, Lafreniere), and while you'd probably think for a bit on a Guenther for Celebrini trade, you definitely don't need to think about a Guenther for 5th overall trade because you get an even lesser chance at a good outcome from the pick.
Cooley (20)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad