Proposal: MTL-TML

Status
Not open for further replies.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
If you want max value from both players, I dont think we trade them as a package.

Savard is a few years removed from being traded for a (late) 1st - I can see his value hovering ariund 2nd/3rd rounder today

Monahan might fetch a better price tha. Savard... probably in a trade layered with conditions that he actually plays

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Jeff Carter has been traded - twice - for a 1st round pick, so his value is already established.

Teams should be lining up to give the Penguins a 1st rounder, right?
Monahan is 29 and still good, Carter is 38 and finished

Reactions: viceroy

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Monahan is 29 and still good, Carter is 38 and finished

Neither are going to sniff a first round draft pick as a return, and that's the point.

Savard is a few years removed from being traded for a (late) 1st - I can see his value hovering ariund 2nd/3rd rounder today

This has been repeated a few times in this thread but people keep leaving out that the Lightning acquired Savard with 75 percent of his salary being retained by two different clubs.

The reason the Jackets got a first was, in part, because they ate half his contract.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
The only way I can see Monahan returning a first round pick is if he is traded in a deal with conditions that require the team to win the cup and for Monahan to play in like half the playoff games. I think if he is traded the best Montreal is getting in terms of guaranteed pick is a second or third.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Neither are going to sniff a first round draft pick as a return, and that's the point.

This has been repeated a few times in this thread but people keep leaving out that the Lightning acquired Savard with 75 percent of his salary being retained by two different clubs.

The reason the Jackets got a first was, in part, because they ate half his contract.
I disagree , Monahan will get a late first or good prospect equivalent to that if he keeps it up.

Tampa also paid an additional 3rd and 4th rnd pick iirc.
The Habs can retain easily if the payment is decent enough or have a 3rd team do so.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
Because he's older and injury prone and injury prone this season having only played in 7 games.

If blocking Tage Thompson shots is injury prone then I guess you are right. That video is how he got injured. He probably isnt worth what he was a few years ago, but that video shows why he is still valuable.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Don't think he is trolling. This is kinda how MTL Fans think.
Sounds like your trolling with that statement.

You don't have much else to offer. Savard has a ring, right shot, signed to cheap contract. Exact fit for Toronto. Monahan improves Leafs third line.

You offer your '26 #1 instead of Cowan?
Man the Leafs are not giving us what your asking for.
The offer is bad and it's an invitation for trolls.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017

Well Im not saying he's worth a first... and Why cant mtl eat half his contract?

Overall though, if a team wants him its gonna be cheap

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

a big part why cbs received a 1st was the market was trash for d...

but i dont think savard will bring that and its also the reason why i think habs will keep him

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I'd be very interested in Monahan but most definitely not at that price.

The OP is obviously not indicative of how the majority of level headed Habs fans think. Similar to the Leafs, when you have a large fanbase, the fringe minority of lunatics are plentiful.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I'd be very interested in Monahan but most definitely not at that price.

The OP is obviously not indicative of how the majority of level headed Habs fans think. Similar to the Leafs, when you have a large fanbase, the fringe minority of lunatics are plentiful.
I'm reluctant to open this can of worms. But what price would you be ok with for a solid 3C that can play up the lineup, is extremely good in the circle, has a low AAV, and would be coming from a hated divisional rival that seldom trade with each other?

I'm not implying he's worth a 1st, just curious where the intersection is between what you'd pay and what Montreal would accept from Toronto for a player that will garner a lot of interest if he becomes available.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sounds like your trolling with that statement.

Man the Leafs are not giving us what your asking for.
The offer is bad and it's an invitation for trolls.
I don't know what Leafs are thinking? Hard to get a good right shot dman on cheap contract. Impossible to get a big 55 center, 56% on faceoffs making 2 million. They so cheap but yet are pissing away prime years of Matthews, Marner, Nylander. Crazy

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
You aren’t getting 2 firsts for those guys. The only reason we’d want them in a package is if it would be cheaper than expected.

You aren’t getting Cowan for either piece, you should watch some of his highlights just to get an understanding of the player, he isn’t a piece you trade for a 3C or bottom pairing d, which we have an abundance of

This isn’t to say i wouldn’t look to acquire monohan, but I’d like to not go over a 2nd+ some prospect. If that’s a bit less for Montreal I’m willing to walk away from the trade

No real interest in savard. I’d rather we grt legit top 4 dman and pay more than him

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
It absolutely is not how Montreal fans think. This guy and a few of the other usual suspects are outliers on the Habs board too.
Hey, do yourself a favour & “don’t feed the trolls“……a reasonable leaf fan is as rare as a leaf tuff guy. They’ve been using cast away Habs D for a couple of years now….little Vicky mete is one, lol.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
If my team is trading two firsts (and Easton has impressed so far) for a rental it better be for a superstar. Not two depth players

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
HuGo tweeted that he wants to be loved by fans of other teams so he's going to take the lowest bid for Monahan and Savard. Particularly if they promise to send a box of chocolates.

Wait a few minutes while I try to find the link. I know I dropped it on the easy chair somewhere....

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm reluctant to open this can of worms. But what price would you be ok with for a solid 3C that can play up the lineup, is extremely good in the circle, has a low AAV, and would be coming from a hated divisional rival that seldom trade with each other?

I'm not implying he's worth a 1st, just curious where the intersection is between what you'd pay and what Montreal would accept from Toronto for a player that will garner a lot of interest if he becomes available.
The thread may be about trading Monahan and Savard to To but reality is very far away from it.

They will go to the highest bidder, just like every other trade. And Monahan WILL fetch a 1st. Savard may or may not but certainly not a late 2nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad