Proposal: MTL-TML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
OP's offer is horrid but David Savard would be of interest to the Leafs for a fair deal. I don't care for Monahan

David Savard (@50% retained).....whats the cost there?

Also can habs fans explain why David Savard's physicality has decreased? By physicality i mean his body checks and hits. Is it injuries?
Montreal is already retaining on Petry for next season. I doubt Hughes is interested In using up another retention slot for 2 years unless the return is substantial. It's probably not worth it to Toronto to overpay to save $1.75m in cap

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
OP's offer is horrid but David Savard would be of interest to the Leafs for a fair deal. I don't care for Monahan

Also can habs fans explain why David Savard's physicality has decreased? By physicality i mean his body checks and hits. Is it injuries?
I don't believe the Habs have an interest in using there last retention spot unless some team makes it worth our wild.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Leafs first and a future 2nd for Savard? No retention

• Haha
Reactions: EquivalentStay

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
If the Leafs were willing to deal their first for a rental defenceman, they'd do it for Tanev. There have been no ties to Savard.
They could do worse. Savard is the kind of defenseman you need in the playoffs and he's signed next year as well. The Leafs would be getting more bang for their buck.

Reactions: viceroy

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
2.5 week old crow is even better. Habs fans hear all this nonsense BS all the time. It takes time to find all those who disparaged us and as usual were proven WRONG!
It's funny how some posters feel threatened when their supposed all encompassing knowledge gets exposed. If you dish it out be prepared to take it as well, otherwise don't bother posting your opinion.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
They could do worse. Savard is the kind of defenseman you need in the playoffs and he's signed next year as well. The Leafs would be getting more bang for their buck.

He's not as good as Tanev, Leafs need a top 4 D. not more bottom pair guys.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Way too much lol. Id be surprised if Savard gets that much. Like no way

Ill eat my words though if it turns out to be the case
Savard is 33 already, I'm not even sure he gets a first. A first and a second is dreaming in Technicolor, I would think.

It all depends on the market.

Reactions: OVO16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Savard is 33 already, I'm not even sure he gets a first. A first and a second is dreaming in Technicolor, I would think.

Yeah seemed like a troll post at first but i get it as a habs fan you have to be optimistic about trades for your own player. And we've seen crazy trades happen so who knows.

But at first sight thats a ridiculous price for Savard

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
Yeah seemed like a troll post at first but i get it as a habs fan you have to be optimistic about trades for your own player. And we've seen crazy trades happen so who knows.

But at first sight thats a ridiculous price for Savard
One thing you have to know about Montreal's GM is that he sets a price on players that don't have expiring contracts, and doesn't feel the need to trade them unless he gets what he wants.

So that's part of what is driving all of these high trade values that Habs fans are posting, because we've seen before how he can get what he wants. So it really depends on the market, I think he sets Savard's value as a first, and if he doesn't get it he won't trade him, I would say I am fairly confident in this assessment. Next year is a different story, Hughes will probably take what he can get at that point, but for this season we kind of need him as a stabilizing presence, the team is still lacking in experienced RDs.

Reactions: pth2 and HabsAddict

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
One thing you have to know about Montreal's GM is that he sets a price on players that don't have expiring contracts, and doesn't feel the need to trade them unless he gets what he wants.

So that's part of what is driving all of these high trade values that Habs fans are posting, because we've seen before how he can get what he wants. So it really depends on the market, I think he set Savard's value as a first, and if he doesn't get it he won't trade him, I would say I am fairly confident in this assessment. Next year is a different story, Hughes will probably take what he can get at that point, but for this season we kind of need him as a stabilizing presence, the team is still lacking in experienced RDs.
The key thing is how Montreal has a very young defense, so keeping a veteran around makes sense; his leadership and experience is valuable as the team has young RD like Reinbacher and Mailloux likely joining the team in the next 12 months.

This is the opposite of the Edmundson situation last season, where Montreal needed to make room for young LD who'd already shown they were ok in the big leagues, and they still got a 3d and a 5th, despite serious ongoing injury concerns.

So, a price of a 1st, as well as a 3d or so for retention, wouldn't be a bad guesstimate of what he does for, if someone steps up (and I'd really rather they don't, and we just get a 2nd in a year for him, as a pure rental)

Reactions: Guess

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc

The Habs GM will do the same as he did with Monahan. Set his price and if he doesnt get it then he will keep the player and try again next year.

Its a win/win for The Habs,....

Reactions: pth2 and Guess

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS

So that's part of what is driving all of these high trade values that Habs fans are posting, because we've seen before how he can get what he wants. So it really depends on the market, I think he sets Savard's value as a first, and if he doesn't get it he won't trade him, I would say I am fairly confident in this assessment. Next year is a different story, Hughes will probably take what he can get at that point, but for this season we kind of need him as a stabilizing presence, the team is still lacking in experienced RDs.

The key thing is how Montreal has a very young defense, so keeping a veteran around makes sense; his leadership and experience is valuable as the team has young RD like Reinbacher and Mailloux likely joining the team in the next 12 months.

This is the opposite of the Edmundson situation last season, where Montreal needed to make room for young LD who'd already shown they were ok in the big leagues, and they still got a 3d and a 5th, despite serious ongoing injury concerns.

So, a price of a 1st, as well as a 3d or so for retention, wouldn't be a bad guesstimate of what he does for, if someone steps up (and I'd really rather they don't, and we just get a 2nd in a year for him, as a pure rental)

These sum it up well. Short of an overpay, Savard should be around next year.

Reactions: pth2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad