Proposal: MTL Rebuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Most of you guy's in HF are a pain to have a civilize conversation.
Really good a just bashing people around with insult without having a credible opinion on the subject.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
what i am saying is Byron is worth more then a 2rd in my opinion.
But yes people seems to forget the value of a second ,
the only thing people is saying is Bouchard is not worth Armia without considering the 2rd and the prospect involve

i'm not a fan of Bouchard at all, never liked him, but he's still considered a blue chip D prospect. While Armia might have little more value than people think. he's certainly a underrated, not fancy but super effective can make any team better on the 3rd line. he's not worth an A grade prospect, 2nd round picks is a nice piece but they are chip in currency to balance trade. Armia isn't a main piece for Bouchard. As for Byron, even last year, his value is probably a 2nd+ a very small piece. think Shaw.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yes the oilers need help on wings , i mean when you have Kassian playing with Mc david it's pretty bad.

Strong irony you picked Kassian.

career:

Kassian 27 points/82 games
Armia 30 points/82 games

you’re basically suggesting we trade Bouchard for another, not as tough, Kassian and spare parts.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Strong irony you picked Kassian.

career:

Kassian 27 points/82 games
Armia 30 points/82 games

you’re basically suggesting we trade Bouchard for another Kassian and spare parts.
i'm with you with value, but slow down a bit. Points aren't everything. Armia is an overall MUCH MUCH better player than Kassian in every aspect of the game, he's a guy who can make a difference in his own way. Puck possession beast, PK master. he's literally in the Ozone 24/7. he just lack creativity and offensive IQ But he's playing getting better in that aspect.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
i'm not a fan of Bouchard at all, never liked him, but he's still considered a blue chip D prospect. While Armia might have little more value than people think. he's certainly a underrated, not fancy but super effective can make any team better on the 3rd line. he's not worth an A grade prospect, 2nd round picks is a nice piece but they are chip in currency to balance trade. Armia isn't a main piece for Bouchard. As for Byron, even last year, his value is probably a 2nd+ a very small piece. think Shaw.
well said , thanks for a civilize opinion
I do tend to agree with you on this i might of went to soft on trying to get Bouchard

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
i'm with you with value, but slow down a bit. Points aren't everything. Armia is an overall MUCH MUCH better player than Kassian in every aspect of the game, he's a guy who can make a difference in his own way. Puck possession beast, PK master. he's literally in the Ozone 24/7. he just lack creativity and offensive IQ But he's playing getting better in that aspect.

Armia’s a nice third liner but we have a full roster of third liners. we sure as hell aren’t dealing our top prospect for another one. Kassian has fit in extremely well on our top line with his speed and physicality, he doesn’t compare with Armia in those aspects and there’s no guarantee of fit.

Plus you’re going wildly overboard with your sell job. Armia is your 5th most used forward on the PK with just over a minute a game, and actually sees more favourable zonestarts than Kassian. Not super impressed with PK minutes on one of the worst units in the NHL (a cool 75% on the PK for the Habs). Kassian played quite a bit of PK last year, it was just an awful unit (also 75%) and his time is better spent at evens.

Armia has also gotten 60+ minutes of powerplay time this year compared to Kassian’s 13:46 - all of Kassian’s scoring is done at even strength (19/19 for Kassian, 11/15 for Armia).

Again - Armia? Good player. Would like to have him. Huge upgrade on Kassian, or give up Bouchard to get him and stuff? Not on your life.

Last edited:
Reactions: DJN21

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Armia’s a nice third liner but we have a full roster of third liners. we sure as hell aren’t dealing our top prospect for another one. Kassian has fit in extremely well on our top line with his speed and physicality, he doesn’t compare with Armia in those aspects and there’s no guarantee of fit.

Plus you’re going wildly overboard with your sell job. Armia is your 5th most used forward on the PK with just over a minute a game, and actually sees more favourable zonestarts than Kassian. Armia has also gotten 60+ minutes of powerplay time this year compared to Kassian’s 13:46 - all of Kassian’s scoring is done at even strength (19/19 for Kassian, 11/15 for Armia).

Again - Armia? Good player. Would like to have him. Huge upgrade on Kassian, or give up Bouchard to get him and stuff? Not on your life.
Like i mentionned, 100% agreed value is far off. But what i meant is Armia isn't your typical 3rd line foward. he can make you win a games like elite players, just in different ways. he's that good defensively and with puck battles.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Like i mentionned, 100% agreed value is far off. But what i meant is Armia isn't your typical 3rd line foward. he can make you win a games like elite players, just in different ways. he's that good defensively and with puck battles.

And if the asking price was reasonable, I’d be interested. Since the asking price is bat crap crazy, the interest has dissipated somewhat. I also doubt he’s scoring much with the black hole of offense that is Riley Sheahan.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I hope you're buying some lube at least for screwing the Oilers and Ducks so hard :sarcasm: I don't get why both of them would think a second about pulling that trigger I think you didn't put enough thinking with the other team than yours. Happens alot in HF though.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Aren't going to trade guys like Price, Petry & Weber for a few lottery tickets. They have enough young & prospect talent, history shows that completely gutting your blue line and goaltending is hard to recover from. Your team loses all stability and existing positive culture, replaced with a loser culture.

Reactions: waitin425

dimedime

May 31, 2019
At what point in typing “Joel Armia and a 2nd to Edmonton for Bouchard” did your sense of reason get tied up, gagged, and thrown in the basement to be eaten alive by rats?

Edmonton counters with Matt Benning and a 2nd for Kotkaniemi.
Habs fan here. OP’s reason was on that basement long before he got around to the Edmonton proposal. It happened around the time he started typing Petry’s name in a proposal for a 1st round draft pick to a team that is 3rd last in the West.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Habs fan here. OP’s reason was on that basement long before he got around to the Edmonton proposal. It happened around the time he started typing Petry’s name in a proposal for a 1st round draft pick to a team that is 3rd last in the West.
Don't be so hard on him... he threw in evans or harris at the expense of comtois… and even let us keep the pick if it ends up top 5

o_O

Reactions: ChaoticOrange

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I really want to see MTL starting a full rebuild even though we are half way there.

MTL : Price in June 2021 , (so Primeau is ready)
for
Seattle : first round pick 2022 (Unprotected) + non aggression pack (won't take any players from the Habs at the expantion)

MTL : Jeff Petry + B prospect (Jake evans or Harris)
for
Ducks : first pick 2020 (top 5 protected) + Maxime Comptois

MTL : Paul Byron
For
Columbus : 2rd 2020 + 5rd 2020

MTL : Joel Armia + 2rd (Columbus 2020) + B Prospect
for
Oilers : Evan Bouchard

This would be a good start.

Put down the ea sports game and try to come up with real trades. Here is better questions. Would you expose Price willing to lose for nothing to dump that contract. Now that is a fun decision. Do you try to win for next year or take 2 2's for Petry. Oilers trade is a pure put down the pipe offer. Byron if you can trade for expiring contract you dump off the books ASAP.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Aren't going to trade guys like Price, Petry & Weber for a few lottery tickets. They have enough young & prospect talent, history shows that completely gutting your blue line and goaltending is hard to recover from. Your team loses all stability and existing positive culture, replaced with a loser culture.

Would you rather be stable and mediocre for 10 years or start over and try to win in 5?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Montreal might get lucky and see Weber retire before his game nosedives.

I for one want to see just what in the hell Nashville would do with a one year 24.5 million dollar cap recapture hit :laugh:

I have a felling the league will find a way to help them out...a one time allowance for all teams to take a penalty off the cap or whatever.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
MTL : Joel Armia + 2rd (Columbus 2020) + B Prospect
for
Oilers : Evan Bouchard

This would be a good start.

Delete your account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad