Proposal: MTL Rebuilding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
I really want to see MTL starting a full rebuild even though we are half way there.

MTL : Price in June 2021 , (so Primeau is ready)
for
Seattle : first round pick 2022 (Unprotected) + non aggression pack (won't take any players from the Habs at the expantion)

MTL : Jeff Petry + B prospect (Jake evans or Harris)
for
Ducks : first pick 2020 (top 5 protected) + Maxime Comptois

MTL : Paul Byron
For
Columbus : 2rd 2020 + 5rd 2020

MTL : Joel Armia + 2rd (Columbus 2020) + B Prospect
for
Oilers : Evan Bouchard

This would be a good start.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Yikes.

On top of my head - Anaheim is also somewhat rebuilding/retooling at the moment, so I doubt they go for a guy like petry

I highly, highly doubt Armia bring back Bouchard and to be honest, he’s still young and we need his skillset. I’d be more interested in acquiring another Armia type instead of trading him

I’m not sure if Columbus would for it but value is fair.

Seattle is going to have a top 6 pick no matter what. So I’m not sure why you’re asking for an unprotected first since we already know where it’ll be. I also doubt they trade their first ever first round pick as well, although if Price is going this is probably what I would ask as well.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
At what point in typing “Joel Armia and a 2nd to Edmonton for Bouchard” did your sense of reason get tied up, gagged, and thrown in the basement to be eaten alive by rats?
loll funny one.
Armia would propably be your best RW at this point in time in your line up.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
loll funny one.
Armia would propably be your best RW at this point in time in your line up.

And Caleb Jones would probably be your best LHD at this point in time in your lineup, that doesn’t mean you’re going to give up Suzuki for him.

Armia has nowhere near that kind of value. Edmonton passes with extreme contempt.

Reactions: Homesick

BLNY

Aug 3, 2004
Dartmouth, NS
I really want to see MTL starting a full rebuild even though we are half way there.

for
Seattle : first round pick 2022 (Unprotected) + non aggression pack (won't take any players from the Habs at the expantion)

for

For

for

If a full rebuild is undertaken, the start should be off the ice.

A President of Hockey Ops. Not Molson. Let him go back to the shadows with the rest of the ownership group. The rest is a trickle down.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
And Caleb Jones would probably be your best LHD at this point in time in your lineup, that doesn’t mean you’re going to give up Suzuki for him.

Armia has nowhere near that kind of value. Edmonton passes with extreme contempt.
Would you take Tatar for Bouchard ?

Gaud

May 11, 2017

for

for

For

for

1. price for only a first? no salary coming retention? Basically the value of the "non agression pack" is what? a 3rd line player? For that price, and considering the salary cap we would be offloading, i think you should get rid of Price wayyy before 2021. He's probably gonna get better return than that
2. if Ghule plus a first gets you Montour, I think Petry gets more in that package
3. Byron - thats ok i guess.. provided he has a replacement in the AHL that can play defensive missions
4. Armia is raising his value right now, but this is just a "ryder+halax+a second" type deal. For one, the "b prospect" doesnt have a fixed value. And even if it was considered equivalent to a 3rd round draft pic, D is worth more than FWD.

your best is the Byron deal IMO

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Yikes.

On top of my head - Anaheim is also somewhat rebuilding/retooling at the moment, so I doubt they go for a guy like petry

I highly, highly doubt Armia bring back Bouchard and to be honest, he’s still young and we need his skillset. I’d be more interested in acquiring another Armia type instead of trading him

I’m not sure if Columbus would for it but value is fair.

Seattle is going to have a top 6 pick no matter what. So I’m not sure why you’re asking for an unprotected first since we already know where it’ll be. I also doubt they trade their first ever first round pick as well, although if Price is going this is probably what I would ask as well.

Seattle is also the one place Price (along with vancouver) would waive his NMC for.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Would you take Tatar for Bouchard ?

nope. Bouchard and Bear are our future on RD for the next ten years. His contract slides this year if he plays less than 9 NHL games and he’s not expansion draft eligible. You’d have to pry him away from our cold dead hands.

Money wouldn’t work anyway.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Just because our RW depth sucks, doesn't make your trade any less lopsided. Armia is simply not worth that at all.
I beleive Armia could return a good value today.
Don't forget the 2rd and the prospect involve in that trade (people seems to forget what a 2rd is worth).
That trade might favor the Habs a bit but it's helping the Oilers right now and getting a couple prospect in the package

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
1. price for only a first? no salary coming retention? Basically the value of the "non agression pack" is what? a 3rd line player? For that price, and considering the salary cap we would be offloading, i think you should get rid of Price wayyy before 2021. He's probably gonna get better return than that
2. if Ghule plus a first gets you Montour, I think Petry gets more in that package
3. Byron - thats ok i guess.. provided he has a replacement in the AHL that can play defensive missions
4. Armia is raising his value right now, but this is just a "ryder+halax+a second" type deal. For one, the "b prospect" doesnt have a fixed value. And even if it was considered equivalent to a 3rd round draft pic, D is worth more than FWD.

your best is the Byron deal IMO
of course i am basically giving Byron away

Devilinlillinois

Jun 5, 2015
Don't see Seattle giving up a first to be able to take Price all the teams that didn't want Vegas to take certain players had to give up someone or picks don't see it being any different this expansion draft.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal

thats kind of ironic considering you just said this
Don't forget the 2rd and the prospect involve in that trade (people seems to forget what a 2rd is worth).
That trade might favor the Habs a bit but it's helping the Oilers right now and getting a couple prospect in the package

Gaud

May 11, 2017

yup , but his value is its lowest its been since he's been in Mtl. I wonder how much of it was because of either his concussion or whatever he got operated for?
either way, not a bad return on someone we got off waivers

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

your original proposal didn’t have a prospect, sweet ninja edit. Not like it matters, we don’t want your quarters/B prospects when we’re the one giving up the dollar. Bouchard for Armia is a complete non starter and no amount of +‘s make a difference.

if a 2nd is of so much worth we’ll just give up ours for scoring help instead of throwing our top prospect down the garbage chute for B assets.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
what i am saying is Byron is worth more then a 2rd in my opinion.
But yes people seems to forget the value of a second ,
the only thing people is saying is Bouchard is not worth Armia without considering the 2rd and the prospect involve

Gaud

May 11, 2017

I would hoard secords myself :D :D

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
what i am saying is Byron is worth more then a 2rd in my opinion.
But yes people seems to forget the value of a second ,
the only thing people is saying is Bouchard is not worth Armia without considering the 2rd and the prospect involve

No, we’re considering it, and still rejecting it outright.

Which of your top prospects would you trade for stuff+things+second rounders? You’re thinking of Montreal and only Montreal. Edmonton has absolutely no reason to do this.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
No, we’re considering it, and still rejecting it outright.

Which of your top prospects would you trade for stuff+things+second rounders? You’re thinking of Montreal and only Montreal. Edmonton has absolutely no reason to do this.
Yes the oilers need help on wings , i mean when you have Kassian playing with Mc david it's pretty bad.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

for

for

For

for

Why would Anaheim do that? lol

We get petry for 1.5 years... despite us being basically in a retool/rebuild.... and he doesn't really fit the age range to resign.

We get a okay prospect in evans/harris

we give up a top prospect + with how the team has looked this year potentially a top 10 pick. Sorry petry doesn't get that package... even with harris/evans its pretty far off. Were not in position to make that type of all in move.

All the trades seem meh... I doubt Seattle is going to trade their 1st for a expensive goalie, who is a bit older... there will be a few solid goalies they can snag in the expansion draft. The bouchard trade is basically hey heres some trash give us your top prospect. I think youd be very lucky to get a 2nd + 5th for Byron.. but I suppose It could happen.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad