Proposal: MTL & RANGERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flan the incredible

Nov 8, 2014
Edmundson at 50% is worth a late first for sure ,
Then Harris + 2nd and Ylonen are worth more than a late first.
I have to disagree. Edmundson is not worth a 1st, 2nd sure but not a 1st and especially in this draft.
Next if you are adding to a 2nd to move up a few spots and including multiple players its not reality. Why wouldn't the Rangers just say we will give you a 3rd instead? This isn't a video game. GMs aren't going to trade a 1st for mediocre players nd say well I got a 2nd back. Majes zero sense.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Edmundson will get somewhere close to a 1st. Late 1st or early 2nd. He's a pretty good shutdown guy with some bite. Lots of teams want those for playoff runs.
edmundson can get that depending on the market. but there won't be 16 teams looking to exchange their first at the deadline for playoff enforcements. a few playoff teams don't trade their pick at all. some don't trade their pick two consecutive seasons in a row and others already have trade their pick last season. and some won't trade their pick because they love the upcoming draft class.

i assume there are only 5 or less 1st round picks being traded at the deadline. edmundson being one of the best 5 pieces available is not a given. so i wouldn't be surprised, if the return for him would be lower or he remains with the habs.

Last edited:

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
NYR 2nd > Habs 2nd...kinda stupid to say that unless the Rangers plan on missing the playoffs
look at the current standings. habs are 2 points behind the rangers with two games in hand. both teams out of the playoffs. at the moment nyr 2nd = mtl 2nd sounds about right.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Rangers have a kick ass team one of my favorite to whatch, but for some reason they don't have a great year.
I beleive (correct me if i am wrong) but the left side D is not great compare to all other positions.

Habs have a shit load of great LHD.

Habs : Jordan Harris (very smart LHD) + Edmundson (50%) + 2rd pick (probably a high one) + Ylonen
For
Rangers : Rangers and Dallas first in 2023, (top 5 protected on both)
This is f***ing awful. Please don’t ever create another proposal again.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Typical Montreal proposal. LOL
Yeah, why not judge a whole fan base on account of the few who make untenable proposals. Plus, if that’s the standard you want to gauge fanbases by, all of them post poorly devised trade proposals. Plenty of examples on this forum.

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Edmundson > Lindgren
Harris > Jones
Ylonen > Gauthier
Habs 2nd > NYR 2nd
At leats if you want yo troll. Make sure the value is similar
How can you possibly think this is fair valuation??

Edmundson > Lindgren??
Do you even watch Lindgren play and Edmundson hasnt been a good defenseman in about 4/5 years.

Harris > Jones?
I would say the value is probably similar but Jones has better upside.

Ylonen > Gauthier?
Yeah, you are definitely high to think this. An AHLr that has played 15 NHL games and is 23.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
If you factor in how terrible NYR are at developing 1st rd picks and the fact that a few really good players will cry their way onto their roster in the coming seasons.....this is a fair deal.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
NYR 2nd > Habs 2nd...kinda stupid to say that unless the Rangers plan on missing the playoffs
After he trades away Lindgren, we will be missing the playoffs. :(
I mean, we're technically short of a wild card spot right now. You never know...

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Listen to this man. He knows how to troll.
Why?

Lindgren and Edmunson are very similar dman
Zac Jones is terrible, undersized and is a poor man Tyson Barrie in the making, Harris is a much much better dman all around
Gauthier is terrible, has been for a while. He hae zero value, same as Ylonen
Habs 2nd is worth a whole lot more. Habs will finish bottom 10 easily again this year. A hot start means nothing

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Zac Jones is terrible, undersized and is a poor man Tyson Barrie in the making, Harris is a much much better dman all around
You know the size difference in these guys is 1 inch and 11 pounds right? The main difference in their opportunity is where they are on the depth charts of their respective teams.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Rangers have a kick ass team one of my favorite to whatch, but for some reason they don't have a great year.
I beleive (correct me if i am wrong) but the left side D is not great compare to all other positions.

Habs have a shit load of great LHD.

Habs : Jordan Harris (very smart LHD) + Edmundson (50%) + 2rd pick (probably a high one) + Ylonen
For
Rangers : Rangers and Dallas first in 2023, (top 5 protected on both)

This is really embarrassing.

The Rangers don't even remotely consider this. This is ridiculous.

Reactions: bernmeister

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Typical poster ^ grouping everyone together.

You beat me to it. Posters who group fan bases should be aggressively attacked. It's stupid and the funny part is Habs fans are very far from being united on hockey opinions.

This is really embarrassing.

The Rangers don't even remotely consider this. This is ridiculous.

Avoid embarrassing and ridiculous narratives. Just say it's not close and the Rangers decline. A lot of internet posters need to choose their words carefully and talk to others like they would face/face. If you talk to others face/face like that, you're not a good person so don't use that angle either :laugh:.

You can do it if you try

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
edmundson can get that depending on the market. but there won't be 16 teams looking to exchange their first at the deadline for playoff enforcements. a few playoff teams don't trade their pick at all. some don't trade their pick two consecutive seasons in a row and others already have trade their pick last season. and some won't trade their pick because they love the upcoming draft class.

i assume there are only 5 or less 1st round picks being traded at the deadline. edmundson being one of the best 5 pieces available is not a given. so i wouldn't be surprised, if the return for him would be lower or he remains with the habs.
I just look at direct lesser defenders of his type who got that. Players like David Savard, Ben Chiarot ect.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
You can't be serious. None of those guys are worth a single first let alone both.
Haha funny how people always say that but then experienced solid though not flashy dmen like Edmundson end up getting a 1st back in a trade.

Recent Habs example, Chiarot..tons of people on here kept saying the Habs would not get a 1st for him and they did along with a 4th a Tyler Smilanic.

Romanov and a 4th return the 13th overall pick

Not saying he will get a 1st but I would not bet against it possibly happening.

Now the trade as a whole does not make sense for either team. Habs are not going to trade 2 dman Yloen and a 2nr round pick and the Rangers are not going to trade away 2 first round picks.

I just look at direct lesser defenders of his type who got that. Players like David Savard, Ben Chiarot ect.
I don't think I would say Chiarot is lesser maybe even.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
if multiple forwards like kane, horvat, debrincat, meier and others hit the market, comparable d's won't matter. those players will attract more interest from teams willing to move their 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad