Confirmed Trade: [MTL/PHI] Erik Gustafsson (@50%) for 2022 7th round pick

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I like the move. Not saying he’s going to save our D but he’s worth a shot, especially at that price.

He has the tools we need (PMD, good on PP). Yes, he’s not good on D but I think we can hide him a bit behind our system. I still expect mistakes though.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
So we have 5 LHD battling for that 3rd pairing slot

Competition and depth are a great thing

The fact that 2 of these guys end up in our Top 4 is not

Lost Mete, traded a 3, 2 x 5ths, and a 7th for role players - hopefully the nail in his coffin

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
He's actually very good offensively, especially as a PP QB. Problem is, he's a defenseman that's all offense.

Worst defensively than James Wisniewski? Worst than MA Bergeron ?

If so, why did he even bother bringing a guy that will get walked more than Barry Bonds.

Reactions: Gotskillz2102

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Doesnt mean if Gustafsson sucks
Mete is not better, beside skatings , Mete does nothing. It took 155 games in the nhl score a goal. People will say he ''has good advanced stats'' reality is , he can't do anything right except skating fast when he has nobody on him and that's it

Already sounds like an improvement on Gus this year, but thats for you to decide, I suppose.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I saw a Flyers fan comment on Reddit after a Habs fans asked..

Habs fan: Can he run a PP2 unit or a complimentary player on PP1? Because that’s what he will be used for

Flyers fan: I wouldn't trust him to run a f***ing lemonade stand.

Then I got sad.

That's the one thing he can kinda do. It's just that he does everything else so badly that it wasn't worth it for the Flyers to dress him over Sam Morin, a defenseman-cum-forward-cum-defenseman who played only 28 professional hockey games the last 3 seasons due to a series of catastrophic injuries.

OTC

Jul 11, 2018
60 pts 3 years ago for 1 7th round. I take it! Change the scenario and you never know
He's not afraid to shoot. Keith is probably our most accurate shot from the point but constantly dishes it off. Gus helped our PP. Maybe he works for you guys.

Reactions: bleuetbio

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Ekholm was no longer available

So we're happy with the shit Bergevin came back with?

If Ekholm isn't available, you try with Fowler. Or Hanifin. Or you roll the dice with Murray. I don't know man, but this is a disgrace

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad