Confirmed Trade: [MTL/PHI] Erik Gustafsson (@50%) for 2022 7th round pick

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
You seem to be under the impression that GMs just identify players they like and unilaterally pick them for their team. It doesn't work that way. There were even fewer trades this year than the usual quiet deadlines. There's COVID, the protocols for new players and the complexity of trading between Canadian and American teams. There's the unexpected frozen cap.

Like you, I really can't wait for Bergevin to be gone but there was probably not much to do. It's not about "doing nothing and being happy". You have to find the right matches. Bergevin already made a lot of changes. We added Allen, Edmundson, Toffoli, Anderson, Staal, Perry. Individually, some of these trades are working out, but globally, the team does not get significantly better. His long term plan, the way he has built this team has not worked.

Stop whining for one more trade. It's not gonna work any more than the multitude of moves he has done. Enough with the short term moves and let's roll with this team. The team has significantly changed, it's up to the players now. If they can't pull it off, it's not the right core group.

This team doesn't need another quick fix at the deadline. It probably needs a completely new vision starting with a legitimate hockey president, a new GM, new scouting and coaching personnel and a real long term plan.
Bergevin has tried to assemble a competitive team without taking from a strong young core . Our future is undoubtedly in the hands of Suzuki kk cc Romanov guhle primeau Harris struble etc . He has had his eye on the long term plan for some time now . This can’t be that hard to see .

Reactions: double5son10

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Stop whining for one more trade.

giphy.gif

But seriously tho, you can defend Bergevin all you want (seems a bit Stockholm Syndromish to me) but I'm personnaly tired of his shit and he needs to gtfo. The team, in vacuum, is marginally better (if any better really) than the one he took on when he came here.
Now it was his shot to make a splash and he failed. What do we get to face the Leafs? f***ing Gustafsson?

Reactions: Flyer lurker

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I lost my shyte when this happened...still kinda losing it on the Habs Boards; I've watched this kid play quite a bit and he's truly horrid defensively...not like Chairot horrid or Weber horrid or Kulak horrid or Petry in the defensive zone horrid...those are fond memories compared to the horrid this kid brings...so Montreal may get a few more PP goals and got even more horrid defensively...yay...:banghead:

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
But seriously tho, you can defend Bergevin all you want (seems a bit Stockholm Syndromish to me) but I'm personnaly tired of his shit and he needs to gtfo. The team, in vacuum, is marginally better (if any better really) than the one he took on when he came here.

I don't even understand how you could have read my post and concluded that I was defending Bergevin.

On the contrary, I'm pointing out that your disappointment that this GM didn't make even more changes (he's made a ton of moves in the last 7-8 months) is completely futile and misguided.

You are telling me I have Stockholm Syndrome, but you are the guy who both wants this guy to make trades and to GTFO. Not me.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
How was he in his debut? Only played 7:12.

If he looked like he knows what to do when defending one on one against the rush, I guess he could be useful.

But MAB looks like Lidstrom compared to him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad