Proposal: MTL - NSH

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Habs: Filip Forsberg

Preds: 2021 1st, Cole Caufield, Tomas Tatar

Thoughts?

I guess that would be approximately the kind of value going back the other way for a deal right now.

But I'm not a fan of paying that kind of return, not knowing what are Forsberg's askings for his next contract and if he is interested in resigning with the Habs at all.

What i would like as a Habs fan is bring Caufield with the team after his NCCA season is done. Give him a spot on the 3rd line with KK and Toffoli for the rest of the season and possibly the playoffs.

And make Ekholm the deadline target. That's our most pressing need right now.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
The Habs are not one Forsberg away from contending. Anyway I believe value wise it does not really make sense taking Pacioretty or Stone deals as comparables.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
My thought is this is awful for the Habs. Obviously the Habs say no!

I think the value to get Forsberg is spot on. That being said, not the good target for the Habs right now (see my post above).

Though i would love Forsberg on the Habs, he is not a priority and would wait and see if he becomes UFA in two years.

Techcoockie

Feb 3, 2020
Mtl
The Habs are not one Forsberg away from contending. Anyway I believe value wise it does not really make sense taking Pacioretty or Stone deals as comparables.
Forsberg/Kotkaniemi/Toffoli
Drouin/suzuki/anderson

this is definitely a strong af top 6 which would be contender, centers are still young.

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
yes young but not good enough to be a contender !
except you’re forgetting the third and fourth line would be

Lekhonen - Danault - Gallagher
Perry/Byron - Evans - Armia

which is easily the best bottom 6 in the NHL

it’s the same strategy as before except you’re adding a bonafide 1st line winger.

also, i’d have the top two lines as

Forsberg - Suzuki - Anderson
Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Toffoli

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Habs: Filip Forsberg

Preds: 2021 1st, Cole Caufield, Tomas Tatar

Thoughts?
I think the value is pretty bang on, though Habs fans seem to have everyone in the organization except Byron as an untouchable so including Caufield probably won't sit well

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
The difference in production between Tatar and forsberg is not caufield and a 1st
Forsberg is just way better than Tatar any way you look at it. Tatar has two equivalent seasons over his entire career and he's 30 years old. Tatar is ideally a solid 2nd line winger (more like a 2-3 winger going forward)

Forsberg is 26 and a bonafide top line winger.

the 1st is going to be a mid round pick in a weak draft + caufield, who as good as he is has a long way to go before he actually establishes himself as a scoring threat in the NHL!

alasania94

Sep 28, 2017
Given his performance -or lack there of- on bigger stages, his is more likely unwanted by other GMs.
ugh, that 7 points in 12 games is sure gonna trump everything else. LOL
upload_2021-3-8_14-2-11.png

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Caufield is the best player in the NCAA and he’s about to win the Hobey as a sophomore.

He’s going nowhere. He’s definitely not going for 1 year and a bit of Forsberg.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad