Confirmed with Link: [MTL/NSH] Devan Dubnyk to Habs for future considerations - UPD: assigned to Bulldogs

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Or they want Tokarski playing games, just not sitting on the bench. Dubs is a decent back up.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They could have claimed him off waivers, but if it was so the Preds ate some salary, I guess I understand not claiming him.

As for the deal, it worries me. I hope Price's injury isn't worse than thought to be.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Muhahah kind of funny as I remember the arguments this past summer between some Habs fans and Oilers fan as to who was better, him or Price and they are now both Habs. It does worry me that they had to make this move because of Price's injury. I really hope that Price is back really soon but I am more worried about the lack of scoring on the team.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
We acquired a 6th defenceman and a backup goalie. we're confident with our group going forward in the playoffs.

M. Bergevin

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Holy ****, does no one understand what future considerations are? Chances are we end up giving them nothing

pine*

rofl

Mark Spector @SportsnetSpec
Oilers were already paying half of Dubnyk's salary. Now NSH retaining some too. Could be cheap for Habs.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 52s
Oilers were already paying half of Dubnyk's salary. Now NSH retaining some too. Could be cheap for Habs.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec 1m

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He's just here to be a bench warmer until Price is back, Budaj would've likely started every game until then so might as well let Tokarski play in the minors and have Dubnyk sit on the bench.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
For people who think it's because Price is done for the year, your wrong. If Price is done for the year than Markov will be traded asap and maybe Gionta to. No point of going for playoff run when your #1 is out for the year.

I think Price will be out for a couple of weeks so they didn't want Tokarski to sit on the bench for that long plus Dubnyk has more experience than Tokarski.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad