Proposal: Mtl/Min

Davin Craft

Nov 7, 2017
Pacioretty

For

Eriksson Ek
Ennis
18' 2nd

Why the Wild do this: Suter and Praise are looked up long term and will hinder this teams chances to rebuild, the next two years are the best opportunities for this team to get over the hump. Pacioretty gives them a tremendous scoring threat for the next two years and his cap hit is less than Ennis. Also Eriksson Ek only has 7 points in 41 games.

Why Montreal does this: Montreal gets a high upside center prospect that they have been looking for along with a 2nd round pick.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Why the Wild don't do this: Zucker, Nino and Parise down the left side already; Koivu is 34 years old (about to be 35) and Staal is 33; Eriksson Ek is the only higher end center prospect in the pipeline; we don't have a 2018 2nd.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I think Pacioretty is the kind of player that fits well with the Wild... But it doesn't make sense for them to acquire him as @Dr Jan Itor just mentionned. Plus i bet MB would want a first in any deal for Pacioretty.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
Pacioretty

For

Eriksson Ek
Ennis
18' 2nd

Why the Wild do this: Suter and Praise are looked up long term and will hinder this teams chances to rebuild, the next two years are the best opportunities for this team to get over the hump. Pacioretty gives them a tremendous scoring threat for the next two years and his cap hit is less than Ennis. Also Eriksson Ek only has 7 points in 41 games.

Why Montreal does this: Montreal gets a high upside center prospect that they have been looking for along with a 2nd round pick.

Typically teams would like to keep players at the NHL on their ELC if this is the case.

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
without taking into account that Minnesota doesn't have their 2nd

not enough would take a first to be fair

I would love to get Eriksson Ek but he hasn't shown much at the nhl level yet and the habs have to take back ennis's bad contract, I would ask for a 1st.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like how the OP refers to Suter and Parise being locked up and how that affects the Wild's thinking, and conveniently forgets to mention Weber and Price. If any team has locked themselves into a window, it is MTL. Wild have Nino, Granlund, Dumba, Coyle, Brodin, Spurgeon, Zucker all either just hitting their prime or about to, and Kunin, Greenway, Ek, Kaprizov,etc. on the way. They have plenty of years ahead of them where they will be at least a decent team, if not much better than that. To mess that up by trading a young C for an aging winger in the incredibly competitive Central would be foolhardy.

Ek has very few points this year, but plays an impressive game, especially recently. Some of us see Koivu like possibilities for him in the future. As good as Pacioretty has been in the past, his best days are clearly behind him, whereas Ek has at least 10, and probably more years ahead of him in the NHL. Ennis is a negative, no doubt, but he only has one year left on his deal. Trading Ek and 1st for an aging winger that we will own for 1 1/3 yrs before he goes UFA doesn't make a lot of sense.

I get why MTL would do this. Not MN.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
No but if you would like to swap Galchenyuk for Coyle that would good.(yes I know Montreal would want more)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad