Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs re-sign Ryan Poehling (2 years, $750k AAV)

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
You remember completely incorrectly. For the majority of his time as a draftee, college player and pro the vast majority of Canadiens fans said he was likely a 3rd line C with the potential to maybe be a 2nd.

Yeah after his 1st game there was a bump in that but even then many were saying that was an aberration.

So definitely your memory failing you.

Ahh, yes the ever popular draft a guy in the 1st round who only has 3C upside. I forgot about that.

No, Montreal fans on HF boards were quite high on Poehling for a couple of years. Maybe it was the loud few and not the silent majority but regardless they thought highly of him. The only comments I was making was that he doesn't look like that first round prospect they drafted, and he doesn't look like that top 6 locked C that fans thought he would be. Your evaluation of a 3rd line C with 2nd line upside is more accurate but even that is less than he was thought of a couple years ago.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Considering the level of play in the AHL last year, "almost" ppg isn't some great milestone.

His PPG would be barely inside the Top 100 most likely.

More than likely he turns out to be a defensively sound 3C, which is ok, all things considered.
If you filter out guys with less than 25gp, his pts/GP is 16th in the AHL.

Reactions: montreal

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hey, my guy ranks here.......if you exclude all the guys ahead of him, lol

Be better.
Nobody would ever rank guys who played only a handful of games. That’s not how anyone ever analyzes anything. You’re just scrambling because you were way off. It’s okay to just admit you were wrong.

Last edited:

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Ahh, yes the ever popular draft a guy in the 1st round who only has 3C upside. I forgot about that.

No, Montreal fans on HF boards were quite high on Poehling for a couple of years. Maybe it was the loud few and not the silent majority but regardless they thought highly of him. The only comments I was making was that he doesn't look like that first round prospect they drafted, and he doesn't look like that top 6 locked C that fans thought he would be. Your evaluation of a 3rd line C with 2nd line upside is more accurate but even that is less than he was thought of a couple years ago.
Well he did have his first NHL hat trick in his first game.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: