Confirmed Signing with Link: [MTL] Habs Extend Charles Hudon (1-Year, $800K, 1-Way)

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Well that's why he's still a Hab. They didn't want to just waive him because he would've been claimed by someone based on his rookie year and let him rot in the press box instead. I think he still would be claimed, MB just needs to accept the fact that no one is giving up assets for him and let some other team try him up because I doubt Julien has any plans for him. For Hudon's career it's nothing but a liability to stay in Montreal.
No one will claim him. He can't keep up with the game's speed and is too small for a checking line.

He's good as a stopgap measure, depth player in case of injury but not NHL regular material unfortunately.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Hudon happy to play.jpg

Reactions: Aspirine

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
One of the ever abundant vanilla could-make-it-anytime AHL/NHL tweener. I feel like singing the Frozen theme to Bergevin.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
No one will claim him. He can't keep up with the game's speed and is too small for a checking line.

He's good as a stopgap measure, depth player in case of injury but not NHL regular material unfortunately.

I think there's a great possibility he'll be claimed. There's not really much you can lose in that.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
nobody makes that there
Toronto just signed a whole batch of guys for 700k each more or less and most of them are bound to end up in the AHL. The price you have to pay or Bozon, Aberg, Kossila go to Europe. You can't keep those guys in the AHL making half of what they would make in elsewhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad